Samuel Platts

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
nathan_rugby

Re: Samuel Platts

Post by nathan_rugby »

OAMJSS wrote:I would have a guess at it being football supporters rather than true Rugby League supporters ( i can vouche for the hatred between the two having been in it in the 70,s )

especially Leeds in Manchester

There was a few Leeds fans infront of us in the Alex Ferguson stand who where well behaved apart from one idiot who was soon told to shut up , which he did
It was drunk rugby league fans and poss non rugby league fans just going for a day out/P1ssup.

Ages in the fight ranged from as young as 15 right up to 50, from normal clothed, kitted out and fancy dressed.

It was most likely young drunk idiots causing trouble that massivly massivly escalted beyond control.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:If it is a assumption, perhaps you have a opinion on the cause of the trouble then?

I don't know who caused the trouble I wasn't there to say, your assumption would suggest you where?
Was you there and can you confirm it was Leeds United football fans?

Furthermore your comment re. the guy running on the pitch could be one is a nonsensical guess. Do you know for a fact he was a Leeds fan? Do you know him? If the answer is no to both those questions then it's purely conjecture, exactly the stuff you'd expect in the Sun.
Clarify with facts please, I'd be interested to know.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
mr benn

Crowd trouble at grand final

Post by mr benn »

Gloating rugby union fan at work tells me his day out at the grand final was spoiled by outbreak of fighting in beer marque prior to final Anybody else experience this. If true it's a shame.
cpwigan

Re: Crowd trouble at grand final

Post by cpwigan »

See forums elsewhere. Yes it is true.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

It was around 20 and i use the word loosely "fans" out of 74 thousand there was more trouble on a average town or city on a saturday night but the torygrath (telegraph) took a upload from a castlefords fans facebook to take away from the fact rugby leagues big day out was a success over union in the north , 99.9% of the leeds fans that i chatted to about the game and about the up comming england games were as friendly as my next door neighbour ,got a cracking picture that a leeds fan asked me if he could take with his son on one shoulder and his daughter on my other so they could see keith senior on stage at the pre match party when they couldnt see , dont let the idiots spoil it, its a family game and will continue .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

You can view it on the web.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:If it is a assumption, perhaps you have a opinion on the cause of the trouble then?

I don't know who caused the trouble I wasn't there to say, your assumption would suggest you where?
Was you there and can you confirm it was Leeds United football fans?

Furthermore your comment re. the guy running on the pitch could be one is a nonsensical guess. Do you know for a fact he was a Leeds fan? Do you know him? If the answer is no to both those questions then it's purely conjecture, exactly the stuff you'd expect in the Sun.
Clarify with facts please, I'd be interested to know.
Over the years I have seen many examples of trouble at the big games and most of which has involved supporters of football clubs who sadly turn up drunk and look for trouble.

As for Leeds United supporters, I witness on one occasion at Headingley, some of them start a fight with Rhino's while we observed.

Judging by you attempt to ridicule my suggestion that the trouble was caused by football supporters, it sounds like you are a supporter of a big football club.

The question is which One?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Not a big club but I do go to football.
To clarify it is just an assumption then!
It's like assuming all Muslims are terrorists and all scouser are up to mischief!
Get my drift?
Exactly what you were slagging the media off for.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

A Wigan lad swung for another Wigan lad's mum (didn't hit her thankfully) in the Wigan end and was promptly grabbed by the stewards. Boyfriend reports a big fight between Leeds fans in Leeds end.

We need to stop pretending our "family" sport is morally superior to football when it comes to crowds. Because it isn't in my experience. :wink:
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

standishcat wrote:A Wigan lad swung for another Wigan lad's mum (didn't hit her thankfully) in the Wigan end and was promptly grabbed by the stewards. Boyfriend reports a big fight between Leeds fans in Leeds end.

We need to stop pretending our "family" sport is morally superior to football when it comes to crowds. Because it isn't in my experience. :wink:
In a crowd of 74 thousand and a kick off of six pm theres allways going to be trouble,but we are nothing compared to football ,you imagine mancester united and leeds aloud to mix with each other in pubs during the day with no police excort then leeds in the United end and vice versa there would be mayhem, The challenge cup final allways seems more friendly than the grand final and im sure thats because it kicks off at 3 pm and not 6 .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.