Mark Calderwood

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Mark Calderwood

Post by ian.birchall »

ChrisA posted:
[Haven't you got some sulking to do instead of being picky about those that actually go and watch their team ?
If you do not complain then you have no tight to object if things do not get better. Actually I do still watch Wigan both on Sky and at away matches, I just do not pour any more money into the JJB coffers to pay a penny of Milwards wages.
Notice the careful editing of your quote to pick up the relevant bit for this posting, I would not want to be called a windbag. My big grouse against DaveO is the way he quotes complete postings and then only answers the bit he wants, this leaves enormously long postings many a time which could easily be edited down to the point he wishes to make.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
Notice the careful editing of your quote to pick up the relevant bit for this posting, I would not want to be called a windbag.
You are a windbag.
My big grouse against DaveO is the way he quotes complete postings and then only answers the bit he wants, this leaves enormously long postings many a time which could easily be edited down to the point he wishes to make.
What annoys me the most is people who make sweeping generalisations!

Well, no that isn't true. The one line posts like "I agree" are annoying because you have not got a clue with who they are agreeing with.

When quoting I am mindful that if you quote mere snippets of a persons posts you will before long be accused of taking the statement out of context.

This comes from years on Usenet where quoting is considered polite and misquoting by being too selective the opposite.

If someone makes several points in a long post, as ChrisA is known to do for example, you can quote in one of two ways. Either break it up and discuss each point as it is made. Doing that annoys some people but is IMO the clearest way to make your points. See above.

Or you can quote the entire thing and then discuss each point made.

The other alternative is to not quote at all but to to that means if you want people to understand what you are on about you end up paraphrasing the post anyway which defeats the object.

For example had I not quoted you I would have to have written something like "You said you would not like to ba labelled a windbag but you are" which takes up more space and invloves more typing.

So basically I intend to carry on as usual and if that marks me down as a "windbag" in your eyes so be it. I guess I will just have to live with the label!

I shall however be keeping a close eye on your quoting technique and the length of your posts for any windbag like tendancies! :lol:

Dave
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

What's there to be controversial about? What's point in being controversial just for funs sake, people have got what they wanted. "Best coach, top 6, not relegated" now what? Because of our brilliant coach we now have nothing to disagree on or argue against, that's your fault!!
Its not being controversial for funs sake, im just talking about giving your opinion and having the courage of your convictions!
I remember one hilarious post where someone critiscised betts and the team, hayley came on and gave the guy and tongue lashing (a verbal one hehe) and the guy came back and apologised !!! now that was ridiculous.

Ive often said i think Brown is an attrocious player etc, and some of the people have flamed me for it, but F*** it im still gona post what i think about him (no intent here to start another Brown is crap post by the way!!). Thats what i mean about being controversial. Its being controverisal in some peoples eyes, not in mine; but thats what controversy is! differing opinions that go against the grain!! Post them people!

..There is indeed less to argue about at the moment your right about that....but im sure we can find something!
Welski

Post by Welski »

standishcat posted:

Some members recently have got a slapped hand for simply posting messages that are too short,
Who?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Welski posted:
standishcat posted:

Some members recently have got a slapped hand for simply posting messages that are too short,
Who?
I don't think anyone's been criticised for messages that are simply too short. The criticism is for the very short, pointless messages, the "me too", "lol" or "ok" replies that aren't really necessary and don't add anything to a discussion.

Interestly, one or two of us do get criticised for messages that are too LONG, regardless of their content and whether they contribute to any discussions...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Fraggle posted:

Interestly, one or two of us do get criticised for messages that are too LONG, regardless of their content and whether they contribute to any discussions...
well whoever said that needs too get a brain......... what do they want you to do? divide it into 5 different smaller posts one after the other? fools

if you wish to write a long post then do so, if somebody doesnt like the length then they should just ignore it and stop complaining
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Welski posted:
standishcat posted:

Who?
If irony was intended, that was actually very funny. :lol:
Welski

Post by Welski »

Wizard_Millward posted:
Welski posted:
standishcat posted: Who?
If irony was intended, that was actually very funny. :lol:
:wink:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League