bad name

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

bad name

Post by mrs_carney »

rugby league almost got a full page in the wrong side of the daily express today. A story of how a hull KR winger formerly with rochdale hornets, tipped to be the next jason robinson has been jailed for 3 years after kicking the stuffing out of a man for no apparant reason. The words "rugby league" were emphasised quite alot. Not exactly the sort of press we need as a sport, just because there are a few loonys about.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
botica

Re: bad name

Post by botica »

It seams bad new is the only news RL gets in the nationals. it was the same when Pongia was diagnosed, when Orrell St James U8s had a fight on the pitch.. I actually wrote to the news of the world and complained to the editor and explained the treatment available for Pongia which didn't put others at risk. They didn't reply!!!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

botica posted:
. I actually wrote to the news of the world and complained to the editor and explained the treatment available for Pongia which didn't put others at risk. They didn't reply!!!!
did you actually expect one?
botica

Post by botica »

well yes if only to explain why they didn't care!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

i'd be suprised if they even read it
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wiganrldeanh posted:
botica posted:
. I actually wrote to the news of the world and complained to the editor and explained the treatment available for Pongia which didn't put others at risk. They didn't reply!!!!
did you actually expect one?
Typical media.

Total arrogance on most issues will spin articles round to justify their stance on anything.

And they complain about politicians.