Bateman Extends Contract

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Bateman Extends Contract

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I would have liked a longer deal as I think the lad is going to be a superstar. The downside is that there will not be enough money left in the pot to sign Hurrell!
And you know this because you are the club accountant ? :wink:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Fantastic news its what we have all ben saying on here brilliant a second rower with pace who can play centre.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fantastic news, one of the best forwards in Superleague and at such a young age.
John Bateman's attitude to the game of Rugby League isn't that far off that of Jamie Peacock.
A strong, tough, rugged player with skill and pace.
Chuffed to bits he's extended his contract.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The booze hound wrote:The biggest compliment I can give Bateman is I now see him as a Wiganer (until he does an interview).
He gives his all every time he pulls on the Wigan colours.
Well deserved.
He isn't that bad when he isn't being interviewed. I told him the other week when chatting with him, that it is the first time I've actually understood him.

I mentioned the interviews to him & said it sounds like he's speaking jibberish!

He replied that he doesn't like to give them so he talks as fast as he can hoping he can get away quicker! :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The club has taken some stick over contracts but in this case they've done a brilliant job.
Bateman is a very good Rugby League player indeed.
His deal to end of 2018 is excellent.
We have a real a quality player re-signing for our club.

Well done all at the club who were involved.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Great signing.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

You are all very trusting. For this it means he will be off to the NRL at the end of 2017.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ian.birchall wrote:You are all very trusting. For this it means he will be off to the NRL at the end of 2017.
And I don't see any problem with that if it does happen. Wigan will get a fee, which is better than letting him go a year later for nothing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:You are all very trusting. For this it means he will be off to the NRL at the end of 2017.
And I don't see any problem with that if it does happen. Wigan will get a fee, which is better than letting him go a year later for nothing.
The club will still get a fee;
The contract extension will see John stay with the Wigan Club until the end of 2017 with an option for 2018. The contract will allow John the opportunity to go to the NRL in 2019 on the provision that a substantial transfer fee is agreed.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Great news, he lives near me at Appley Bridge nr the canal, and I know he doesn't drive as he catches the bus to Wigan so at least he will not drink and drive.