London calling North Queensland, Brisbane and Sydney Roosters for NRL season opener

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

London calling North Queensland, Brisbane and Sydney Roosters for NRL season opener

Post by josie andrews »

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... jy7zy.html

I had heard but hadn't seen anything on here.

Do you think RL fans would travel to London for this game if it ever came off? I know I would :D ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craig87x

Re: London calling North Queensland, Brisbane and Sydney Roosters for NRL season...

Post by craig87x »

Wigan lead and others follow!! :D

Yes, I would seriously consider going. :)
eccywarrior

Re: London calling North Queensland, Brisbane and Sydney Roosters for NRL season...

Post by eccywarrior »

Would be a great idea and id definitely be there.
You will get fans moaning its too far
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We need to piggy back this if it happens and make a week of capital RL.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

eccywarrior wrote:Would be a great idea and id definitely be there.
You will get fans moaning its too far
Especially the "home" fans. ????
craig87x

Post by craig87x »

cpwigan wrote:We need to piggy back this if it happens and make a week of capital RL.
Not a bad idea actually, our game one day, NRL game(s) t'other day. What a weekend that would be!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

craig87x wrote:
cpwigan wrote:We need to piggy back this if it happens and make a week of capital RL.
Not a bad idea actually, our game one day, NRL game(s) t'other day. What a weekend that would be!
I would even consider a London week for SL and also try to involved London and Skolars to try to get them more fans. Even a SL 9's or something similar.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Why do we keep saying that nobody in London is interested in Rugby League, but when a idea comes up of playing special games there, many are in favour?

If this weekend were to take place, then I feel sure most supporters would prefer it to be Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester or Sheffield.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Why do we keep saying that nobody in London is interested in Rugby League, but when a idea comes up of playing special games there, many are in favour?

If this weekend were to take place, then I feel sure most supporters would prefer it to be Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester or Sheffield.
Why do we keep saying that nobody in London is interested in Rugby League but when a idea comes up of playing special games there, many are in favour?
= Your view

Nowhere have I or other's said that, to the contrary!

Indeed, putting it on our doorstep is counter productive to the sport of RL. What next bring the CC back north! :eusa17:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Why do we keep saying that nobody in London is interested in Rugby League, but when a idea comes up of playing special games there, many are in favour?

Why do we keep saying that nobody in London is interested in Rugby League
= Your view

Nowhere have I or other's said that, to the contrary!

Indeed, putting it on our doorstep is counter productive to the sport of RL. What next bring the CC back north! :eusa17:
There is a big difference between playing the Challenge Cup Final in London and playing other games there as with the Cup Final, the get more families etc making a big day out or a weekend of it, but at the same time most supporters these days do not have the money, time or indeed the inclination to travel here there and everywhere to watch a game or game of Rugby League outside the North of England.

And some supporters on this website have said that playing games in London including the game involving Wigan at Millwall was a waste of time and could be correct judging by the paltry attendance, most of whom were Wigan supporters who go anywhere to support the club.

Why do you think the RFL have never considered staging the Magic Weekend with its average 30,000 per day at London. Many of the same supporters being in the attendance on both days.

With the Cup Final, each club takes 30,000 or so there which you do not get with other games there, especially now that Union is so dominant in London at the profession level.

Not counter productive, just common sense and facing the fact that things are not the same as they were a few seasons ago when we had massive attendances for Great Britain games held at Wembley and Union at the time was a Amateur game with far smaller attendances than today and football was in turmoil with hooliganism, out of date grounds and no star foreign players like now.