Sam out of Test series

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Sam out of Test series

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Still injured and isnt fit to play

Is he crocked or is it just erring on the side of caution from mcbanana considering he has hardaker?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cow yeds

Re: Sam out of Test series

Post by cow yeds »

Like i said in a couple of other posts 'it's worrying' this has been ongoing since the start of last season. Does he need an op to correct it or is he going to play on until it goes altogether?
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Good news for us really. If he had played against NZ it would have risked further injury and our doctors can now have a look and see what to do. If he had an operation on it now he could still play this season which is better than waiting to see how it goes. (That is if he needs the op)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Worrying IMO as he was supposedly fit and ready to play.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Worrying IMO as he was supposedly fit and ready to play.
Maybe he could have played but wasn't fully fit and they decided best for him long term to miss a relatively unimportant test series when he's had a really bad year with injuries. Coulda, woulda, shouldn'ta, so hasn't.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Apparently his knee is fine a underlying issue connected with it flared up on training in tuesday.

kind of worrying if there is a underlying issue to his knee injury.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
craig87x

Post by craig87x »

I'm worried the Sam T we're getting back isn't going to be the same player he was when he left us... He wouldn't be the 1st top quality player to have injury effectively ruin his career, certainly top level career anyway.

If he can't recover fully and/or isn't the player he once was, should we persist with him out of loyalty or move him on again if it doesn't work out?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

One thing is for sure if it isnt right by the start of the season then for me he is going to be a crock from now on.

Some injuries just never get right - karl pryce

i just hope its a precaution - its difficult to guage with hardaker being the in form player anyway out the 2

at the start of the season he will have been not playing for 6 months so it should be sorted by then, if it isnt, IMO it will never be
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Andrew0604

Post by Andrew0604 »

the Wigan of old would play him until he has started on the decline with the best years behind him then sell him to Leeds. I remember walking away from Headingley with 2 old boys having an over the street argument. The Wigan supporter finished by gesturing he had to go in a different direction and saying "I have to go but if you want any more of our has beens next close season just give us a call". I couldn't help bursting into laughter as in the previous couple of years they had Andy Gregory, Ellery Hanley, Dean Bell, all prime examples
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Surely his medical condition would have been fully evaluated before IL stumped up the cash to get him back?