Top 6

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Top 6

Post by adrenalinxx »

This years top six will be

1. St Helens
2. Leeds Rhinos
3. New Zealand Warriors
4. Newcastle Knights
5. Sydney Roosters
6. London Broncos

By the start of the playoffs our top six will probably look somthing like that. The situation about NRL players join clubs just for the playoffs just shows how little power the RFL really has in Rugby League.

Does anyone think that it's getting out of hand and I hope that Wigan don't follow the trent, i'd rather lose to saint 75-00 than have the players who have played all season replaced by aussies who weren't good enough for the NRL Grand Final.

If the RFL doesn't take any action this or for next season then i won't be watching any playoff games even if Wigan finsih in top six
Doveoverdave

Re: Top 6

Post by Doveoverdave »

adrenalinxx posted:
This years top six will be

1. St Helens
2. Leeds Rhinos
3. New Zealand Warriors
4. Newcastle Knights
5. Sydney Roosters
6. London Broncos

By the start of the playoffs our top six will probably look somthing like that. The situation about NRL players join clubs just for the playoffs just shows how little power the RFL really has in Rugby League.

Does anyone think that it's getting out of hand and I hope that Wigan don't follow the trent, i'd rather lose to saint 75-00 than have the players who have played all season replaced by aussies who weren't good enough for the NRL Grand Final.

If the RFL doesn't take any action this or for next season then i won't be watching any playoff games even if Wigan finsih in top six
The teams are exploiting a loop-hole that will probably (hopefully) be closed from next year.

So RFL will flex it's muscle!

AS for rather losing 75-0 than watching players like Johns and Morley.........
Fraggle

Re: Top 6

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:

You're ignoring the overseas quota, at best the clubs could only have 3 Aussies from these clubs. As for the RFL taking action this season, I strongly oppose this. You can't change the rules in something that's halfway through just because someone has found a way to exploit the rules to their advantage. By all means change things for next season, but if they change this rule now then what's to stop them changing any of the other rules halfway through seasons in future? This loophole is unfair on the players who have to be released to accommodate the imports, and it may not fair to the squad to have someone potentially getting a GF ring having played only 5 or 6 games when some of the others have played nearly 30 games, but Warrington and the others haven't broken any rules so we can't really complain.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]