Sam out until Easter

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

Re: Sam out until Easter

Post by menpond »

Thought Sarge should have been groomed for full back last season,and let MB go after 12 months to free up money for a leader type centre.His head on tackle is weak,but at full back it matters less,and he can go thru a gap and swerth round a man and put wingers etc away.Is he still with us next season,or off to Sale?
mp
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

I have a lot of time for Sam, but the only thing that bothers me is, have we bought a crocked Sam Tomkins who is going to spend more time sidelined than playing.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

With Sam missing the first part of next season and Hampshire going on a season long loan deal to Cas and Sarginson clearly not going to be fit. The question I have is

"Who the hell is going to be our full back??"

For a so-called professional team, this square peg into round hole attitude to filling positions in the side is getting pathetic now. Maybe Bateman fancies his chances there next season :eusa17:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dang ? So Sarge will not be fit? I thought he was training when Josie checked. Shame as he would be a good fit.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Dang ? So Sarge will not be fit? I thought he was training when Josie checked. Shame as he would be a good fit.
cpwigan I don't doubt for one second he is running around but full contact and match ready after that injury? I sense another Vealiki tbh leaving Wigan with very few options for that position
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

butt monkey wrote:With Sam missing the first part of next season and Hampshire going on a season long loan deal to Cas and Sarginson clearly not going to be fit. The question I have is

"Who the hell is going to be our full back??"

For a so-called professional team, this square peg into round hole attitude to filling positions in the side is getting pathetic now. Maybe Bateman fancies his chances there next season :eusa17:
Or Mossop? :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wigan tried really hard to keep Mango in a coaching role at Wigan, the job he has got in Aus is with a country team, not NRL as people thought
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Who is going to be fullback? If sarginson is fit then OK that works, but leaves us even shorter in the centres. I suppose Bateman is now a full time centre? He's a great player but not a centre IMO. He can do a job there especially in defence but he doesn't attack well in that role.

Why don't the club look to fill obvious gaps in our squad anymore? What about a kicker - how are we better next season than last season. We had a problem, surely a professional club tries to resolve that problem? I've said it before, but with an average goal kicker we would have won the league on points difference.

Our recruitment strategy seems to be based on opportunistic value for money based signings rather than an evaluation of what is required to improve the squad and going out and getting that player. Its frustrating to say the least.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Mike wrote:Who is going to be fullback? If sarginson is fit then OK that works, but leaves us even shorter in the centres. I suppose Bateman is now a full time centre? He's a great player but not a centre IMO. He can do a job there especially in defence but he doesn't attack well in that role.

Why don't the club look to fill obvious gaps in our squad anymore? What about a kicker - how are we better next season than last season. We had a problem, surely a professional club tries to resolve that problem? I've said it before, but with an average goal kicker we would have won the league on points difference.

Our recruitment strategy seems to be based on opportunistic value for money based signings rather than an evaluation of what is required to improve the squad and going out and getting that player. Its frustrating to say the least.
Mike, you've answered your own questions there, and for what it's worth I think you're right.
Let's not forget Mr Lenegan has a football club to fund as well, and to me, there lies the problem with fingers and pies!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:Who is going to be fullback? If sarginson is fit then OK that works, but leaves us even shorter in the centres. I suppose Bateman is now a full time centre? He's a great player but not a centre IMO. He can do a job there especially in defence but he doesn't attack well in that role.

Mike, you've answered your own questions there, and for what it's worth I think you're right.
Let's not forget Mr Lenegan has a football club to fund as well, and to me, there lies the problem with fingers and pies!
Thought I saw a post that said he no longer has an involvement with Oxford. Anybody know?