McNamara's Band

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WiganWoman1968

Re: McNamara's Band

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

[quote="josie andrews"]Well I'm still proud of out lads & I will savour the win with & for them.

We as supporters are always moaning that England never win anything in sport and when our sport, which is always ignored by the media, finally does win something you're all still moaning!

The media still don't acknowledge our sport & never will because the bloody RFL & it's supporters never do either! So tell me, what is the bloody point?? :( [/quote
]

I agree. I had a great day with my Dad and my boy.

It was a higher scoring game than expected given the conditions and the patriotic singing was just what we all need.

My boy, who has to play RU at school, is looking forward to rubbing the stuck up RU boys' noses in it tomorrow!

It was a win and I'm going to enjoy it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am very proud and pleased of the series win! However, I will say it again it was a shallow win in my opinion and until we beat them on their turf with our best team and their best team I will not get to carried away!! It was a series we should have won without question with the teams on paper but yet we still made hard work of it!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:Well I'm still proud of out lads & I will savour the win with & for them.

We as supporters are always moaning that England never win anything in sport and when our sport, which is always ignored by the media, finally does win something you're all still moaning!

The media still don't acknowledge our sport & never will because the bloody RFL & it's supporters never do either! So tell me, what is the bloody point?? :(
Josie, you cannot satisfied everyone, especially those who live in trees!
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

old hooker wrote:I for one am entitled to moan, I paid my money, enjoyed the game but imo we beat a very weakened side therefore we should not get too excited.My opinion, if people dont like it then lump it.

Of course you are entitled to moan and give your opinion I for one appreciate that. I hear what you say and where your coming from. However on the day their coach put out what he considered his best team AVAILABLE as did our Coach It was a crucial game which We won. All the "what ifs "are irrelevant. The reality is we won the game and the series FACT.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Slim Jim wrote:
old hooker wrote:I for one am entitled to moan, I paid my money, enjoyed the game but imo we beat a very weakened side therefore we should not get too excited.My opinion, if people dont like it then lump it.

Of course you are entitled to moan and give your opinion I for one appreciate that. I hear what you say and where your coming from. However on the day their coach put out what he considered his best team AVAILABLE as did our Coach It was a crucial game which We won. All the "what ifs "are irrelevant. The reality is we won the game and the series FACT.
It wasn't really a crucial game though was it? The reaction of all the players at the end was smiles, laughter, cuddles, hand shakes etc. If it had been a WC final I think the NZ team would have been far more upset at losing because that truly is a crucial game. I don't think the NZ team will be to worried by the series loss with the players they had missing.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

one swallow does not a summer make

nuff said
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

It doesn't - that's true - but it brings with it a bit of hope that it could be! Surely without hope & aspirations we are nothing???

This should be the first step in gaining confidence that we have a chance to compete moving onwards - or whats the point in even discussing the topic?

Either way we must feel a whole lot better than the England Rugby Union fans feel. Imagine performing as badly as that??
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

It always saddens me that some people writing on this forum are only happy to moan. Reminds me of listening to Geoffrey Boycott on TMS - just can't actually bring himself to say something positive.

Well, I went to all 3 tests and am really glad I made the effort.

Sitting in the KC I was as nervous as before the Grand Final, but by half time I knew we had a team that could compete - and they did. While BOTH teams were a bit understrength, it didn't show in the games. This series was blood and guts rugby league. The only regret is that the London game was the least entertaining, a pity when it could have showcased the great game

How good to come home with the spoils? How hard for the coach to drop George Williams and Budgie before a game in Wigan?
Well, he did it, and the boys did it. And I am a proud and happy Englishman from Wigan, (and didn't think we were "dull" at all! - qv)

A couple of years ago I wasn't sure about McNamara, but this series suggests to me he's learned his job. I actually do hope he stays on, but if he leaves now, it's with his head held high. Well done Steve McNamara, and well done the England team.
Stevethegas
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Has this series win done more damage than good for the national game with a possible extension to Mr McBanana?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Watched too many England games whilst he's been in charge and that's why I think he must go. I can't think why he's lasted as long in the job as he has.

This is a very good England squad with excellent individual players. Imagine how good they could be with a real top quality coach.