McNamara's Band

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Re: McNamara's Band

Post by Owd Codger »

What, no consideration of him building up a team of losers in the last eight seasons into a stronger squad and winning a series against a NZ team full of players who earn their corn in the 'miles ahead of our game NRL'

As for the suggestion that NZ would not be bothered about losing the series, when their Union team had won the World Cup, I don't think so.

Especially, judging by the look on their faces at the end of the game and the way they sulk off the field!

But no matter how much England or indeed Wigan win, there are always those who revel in moaning!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

OAMJSON wrote:one swallow does not a summer make

nuff said
Who is nuff and what did he say?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What, no consideration of him building up a team of losers in the last eight seasons into a stronger squad and winning a series against a NZ team full of players who earn their corn in the 'miles ahead of our game NRL'

As for the suggestion that NZ would not be bothered about losing the series, when their Union team had won the World Cup, I don't think so.

Especially, judging by the look on their faces at the end of the game and the way they sulk off the field!

But no matter how much England or indeed Wigan win, there are always those who revel in moaning!
We have been close to beating them on many occasions and indeed have over the last 8 seasons, but in the crunch games we haven't and have been found wanting on many occasions.

We beat a weakened NZ team without 4-5 of their key players so I am not getting carried away just yet, the series win was however still a good win and I am proud of the lads as always.

As for the NZ players sulking, yes they obviously were not happy to lose but their reaction was not the same as if they had lost a WC final with a full team out, they were swapping shirts and joking and giggling with the England players.

I am happy with the series win just not getting carried away with it yet nor am I for one minute thinking McNamara is now a good coach.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:one swallow does not a summer make

nuff said
Who is nuff and what did he say?

Nuff is an old m8

he said

"One Swallow does not a summer make "
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

I'm with you Whelley.
Some people on this forum are only happy when they are moaning.
What's wrong with a more positive approach?

This series win and all the publicity about Sam B. coming home from the dark side will do nothing but good for our great game.
It won't necessarily convert the masses, and it won't cheer up the professional moaners, but that's their problem. It will however do much more good than all their whining.

So I remain delighted with the win, pleased how well Steve Mc. has done, and unlike the moaners, I have a smile on my face.
Stevethegas
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

stevethegas wrote:I'm with you Whelley.

This series win and all the publicity about Sam B. coming home from the dark side will do nothing but good for our great game.
It won't necessarily convert the masses, and it won't cheer up the professional moaners, but that's their problem. It will however do much more good than all their whining.

So I remain delighted with the win, pleased how well Steve Mc. has done, and unlike the moaners, I have a smile on my face.

And it wont convince anyone down under that we will win the 4 nations and/or the World cup.

Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

old hooker wrote:

And it wont convince anyone down under that we will win the 4 nations and/or the World cup.

Can I just say,as politely as possible. TBW the 3rd test was crucial to winning the series and to you Old Hooker the objective of the Test series from England perspective was to win it. A difficult concept to understand for you two you've so ably demonstrated not to convince anyone of anything re World Cup et. Al.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

[quote="Whelley Warrior"]What, no consideration of him building up a team of losers in the last eight seasons into a stronger squad and winning a series against a NZ team full of players who earn their corn in the 'miles ahead of our game NRL'

As for the suggestion that NZ would not be bothered about losing the series, when their Union team had

Agree
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Slim Jim wrote:
old hooker wrote:

Can I just say,as politely as possible. TBW the 3rd test was crucial to winning the series and to you Old Hooker the objective of the Test series from England perspective was to win it. A difficult concept to understand for you two you've so ably demonstrated not to convince anyone of anything re World Cup et. Al.
We all know you like your big words and definitions, so, crucial means decisive, critical in terms of success and further success, so I guess time will tell just how crucial that series win was!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

If we were getting battered like we were a few seasons ago, some of the moaning might be understandable!

I can only put it down to either the moaners were not even a 'twinkle in their dad's eye' at the time or just the fact that the Coach is a dreaded Yorkie!