Paris

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Paris

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wintergreen wrote: Whilst I can see your point, what do you expect?

Especially as it's already becoming clear that some of the attackers in Paris were "asylum seekers".

It's just a natural reaction. If the bombers were all 6ft tall with blue eyes, then people would be wary of all 6ft tall blue eyed people for a while.
That is a contradiction in that how can it be a natural reaction if you can see the the point being made?

And no they wouldn't be wary of "6ft tall blue eyed people" if they had done this. That is entirely the point.

Three of the attackers were French nationals. Would it be a natural reaction to assume all French citizens of a certain ethnic background are potential attackers? That would be racist would it not?

So what I'd expect is anyone who has a brain to do is realise you can't pigeonhole things so easily. I won't hold my breath on that one.
No it isn't a contradiction.

Of course it's natural to be wary of individuals who share the same characteristics as the terrorists. One would be foolish not to be.

I can also see how the poster finds it "slightly depressing" too.

Where is the contradiction in that?

I cannot believe you are trying to play the Liberal anti racist card.

I think we have gone beyond the point of that now.

The problem is with some, (note the word) Muslims. The Muslim leaders need to come out and denounce in the strongest terms these terrorists.
You are right. Lets round up the Belgiums and put them in a camp. They are likely all terrorists based on the latest intel.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Many of those fleeing Syrian are young fit men who should be fighting to protect their country from the people you say they fleeing from, not running away to enjoy life elsewhere.
What an absolutely ridiculous comment. What army are they going to join? Assad's who are just as likely to shoot them as ISIS?
Nothing whatsoever ridiculous about the comment.I agree completly with WW. Where is your evidence that assads will shoot them. But seen plenty of evidence of young fit men running away from the land they so call love.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Many of those fleeing Syrian are young fit men who should be fighting to protect their country from the people you say they fleeing from, not running away to enjoy life elsewhere.
What an absolutely ridiculous comment. What army are they going to join? Assad's who are just as likely to shoot them as ISIS?
Able men fleeing wars have historically been labelled as deserters, with relevant punishment dealt out.
Is this any different with Syria.
Can you provide evidence that Assad is shooting his own army servicemen.
Would Cameron and Obama be looking to oust Assad had they got the oil rights that Putin and Xi Jinping have secured, I think not.
Perhaps, like the Beatles record, they are taking the 'easy way out'

Not to the nearest safe country, but unlike the starving and hardly fit genuine refugees of the world wars, fit, wearing decent clothing, well fed enough to make all the way to Europe and the UK, not to mention having enough money for the journey.

Refugees, who are they kidding?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: What an absolutely ridiculous comment. What army are they going to join? Assad's who are just as likely to shoot them as ISIS?
Able men fleeing wars have historically been labelled as deserters, with relevant punishment dealt out.
Would Cameron and Obama be looking to oust Assad had they got the oil rights that Putin and Xi Jinping have secured, I think not.

Not to the nearest safe country, but unlike the starving and hardly fit genuine refugees of the world wars, fit, wearing decent clothing, well fed enough to make all the way to Europe and the UK, not to mention having enough money for the journey.

There is a big difference between a refugee and an economic migrant/terrorist. A refugee is happy to go to any country to escape persecution the others go where they are either going to cause mayhem or gain financially.

Why have the old eastern bloc nations in the eu or want to be in the eu been allowed to let them move on. Common sense says process on a border offer a country for refuge if they say no then they go back home.

A person escaping troubles and potentially been killed should welcome any nation. Also give limited passport with no free travel in the EU for a decade. Its totally possible to spot real refugee and an economic migrant. Problem is when they mingle together then its an issue that could be solved closer to the source rather than in the far North West corners of the EU.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: What an absolutely ridiculous comment. What army are they going to join? Assad's who are just as likely to shoot them as ISIS?

:lol: Nice.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Able men fleeing wars have historically been labelled as deserters, with relevant punishment dealt out.

:lol: Nice.
Oh, I forgot, the refugees that I am on about at the end of the two world wars did not have terrorists among their number unlike those of today and no do gooder's rolling out the red carpet to welcome them.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

josie andrews wrote:[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... vk2mj2.jpg[/IMG]

The world weeps for France, the victims & their families

Josie. Just to say the photo accompanying your post was fitting iconic and powerful in its symbolism. Meds would have been proud to have taken such a beautiful tribute
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Sorry but what are you on about? WW made no mention of army deserters. Rather he was making the general point that "fit young men" should stay and fight.

You can't be a deserter if you aren't in the army and it is rather easy to suggest you join up and fight sat behind a keyboard isn't it!

Join up to what? Assad's murdering army or ISIS? And fight against what?

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Sorry but what are you on about? WW made no mention of army deserters. Rather he was making the general point that "fit young men" should stay and fight.

You can't be a deserter if you aren't in the army and it is rather easy to suggest you join up and fight sat behind a keyboard isn't it!

You mentioned in your post that Assad was as likely to shoot them as ISIS were, hence my reply as to why Assad would shoot his own men. You also responded to WW'S post stating it was ridiculous regarding the young fit men who should be defending their country, and hence my reply that these, being deserters would have been shot in years gone by.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Able men fleeing wars have historically been labelled as deserters, with relevant punishment dealt out.

You mentioned in your post that Assad was as likely to shoot them as ISIS were, hence my reply as to why Assad would shoot his own men. You also responded to WW'S post stating it was ridiculous regarding the young fit men who should be defending their country, and hence my reply that these, being deserters would have been shot in years gone by.
I meant given Assad was shooting his own people why would they join his army? Which army do you suggest they join?
You also responded to WW'S post stating it was ridiculous regarding the young fit men who should be defending their country,
No I didn't:
DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
I said that was a ridiculous comment. Not that it is ridiculous fit men who should be defending their country.

And it is a ridiculous comment because there is no viable army for them to join to do so.

Now do you understand?