Lewis Tierney at Fullback

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Smokie Jim

Re: Lewis Tierney at Fullback

Post by Smokie Jim »

ddtftf wrote:Are you all forgetting we need a kicker first now Bowen has gone. Just as important or more so than a full back

More so I believe. Whilst the debate on this topic has been fascinating it's left me in something of a dichotomy Both the comments by Dave O and Cherrypie I find equally compelling hence the tension I am experiencing only to be exacerbated by ddtftf 's post which highlights a problem we've had for sometime now and urgently needs addressing. The Fullback situation is,hopefully,temporary the goal kicker isn't.
Who'd be a coach? Cue CPW
Caboosegg

Re: Lewis Tierney at Fullback

Post by Caboosegg »

butt monkey wrote:
So you claim all Hampshire's kicks were in front of the posts and then attempt some unproven claim that, well Smith;'s kicking must have been as good as Brough and Richards. I will tell you this. I never had confidence in Smith kicking. Never to the degree I had with Richards, can you say the same? Simply put, Brough and Richards are far better players for there positions and achieve a higher success rate at goal kicking.

Now if you want to argue that goal kicking is not important then well :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Smith isnt a world class kicker No but he is certainly better than Hampshire. two games i went to last year Hampshire was the main kicked (from match start) and im sorry to all the Hampshire fans but he wasnt very good.

Smith is also a very good kicker from all but one angle, seriously watch a full game a pay attention to which side of the pitch he kicks from, he is spot on apart from one of the wings (i forget if it was left or right) this could be to do with his foot preference. and if we are not getting a new kicker could be resolves if we found someone in the team to kick from that side.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.