Ben Flower

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: Ben Flower

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: BM what an Earth are you going on about! Leeds have lost 4 quality SL players and replaced them with players that are yet to prove any quality in SL! That is all WW was saying, so I ask again why was it ridiculous? I think you have walked into a few trees by the sounds of it!! :wink:
Thank you TBW and glad to see that you realise what I was getting at in regard to the Leeds replacements which due to not producing as many quality academy players in recent seasons have resorted to signing more players from down under. Now seven from down under compared with only four in recent seasons.

Not that hard is it!
You two should get a room with your little "love-ins"

Neither of you read but write utter shi7e to attempt to make a point. Read what I put and then read your own reply back

Sinfield - who could they sign to replace their club captain and talisman? IMO they got Cuthbertson to fulfil that but depends how you look at their signings, Leeds planned ahead is my opinion

Peacock - one of the World's best props still even at 37. Please suggest who they possibly could have signed to replace him? None from over here that is for sure

Aiton - Leeds attempted to sign McIlorum. If you are not happy with that they signed an overseas hooker after that fell though. How good he is and is he better than who they had in reserve that we will see in the coming season

Leuluai - How many rated him when Leeds signed him? Never a vaunted signing and a player who at times appeared to struggle in the first team. Yet on his departure some regard him as "irreplaceable"

Well I am telling you this, Leeds HAVE attempted to replace these players. Does it matter if they came from Timbuktoo? Not if Leeds maintain their stature in the game

The point I made and you both pertinently ignore is that Leeds DID sign someone. Time will tell if they made the right signings but what I can tell you both is the opposite end of what Leeds have done is Wigan. We have simply had the attitude that no matter who leaves we can always put 13 on the field even if they have to play out of position.

Before I end attempting to make a point to people too ignorant (or arrogant) to understand. Are you both fully happy with our recruitment for next season?

If Flower leaves (as this thread IS about) are you happy for us to play Greg Burke at prop (or whomever)?. Do you not think we as a team need to recruit and not simply promote juniors who may not be ready or good enough at the time of them being thrown into the first team?
Only making the point that Leeds unlike Wigan and St Helens are not replacing as many players in their squad of home produced quality like they have done in the past from their Academy and have increased the number of players from down under as a result. And if you have not noticed all clubs promote young players on their books, perhaps more so at Wigan when we have so many more of quality than other clubs.

And where does Burke having to play at Prop come in to it when Flower apart, we have Crosby, Clubb, Mossop, Sutton, Tautai and Bretherton.

As for Flower, has the rumour only started because someone down under has said that a prop forward from England is going there and with Flower putting his house for sale, we get the usual suspects assuming things.

And if you are not happy with the strength of the present Wigan squad, perhaps you should make your opinions known to the club instead of like one or two others, for ever moaning about it on a website.

As for me and TBW having a love relationship, you must be joking!

p.s. And there is no need to resort to being the worse type of Wiganer with the language!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

butt monkey wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: BM what an Earth are you going on about! Leeds have lost 4 quality SL players and replaced them with players that are yet to prove any quality in SL! That is all WW was saying, so I ask again why was it ridiculous? I think you have walked into a few trees by the sounds of it!! :wink:
Thank you TBW and glad to see that you realise what I was getting at in regard to the Leeds replacements which due to not producing as many quality academy players in recent seasons have resorted to signing more players from down under. Now seven from down under compared with only four in recent seasons.

Not that hard is it!
You two should get a room with your little "love-ins"

Neither of you read but write utter shi7e to attempt to make a point. Read what I put and then read your own reply back

Sinfield - who could they sign to replace their club captain and talisman? IMO they got Cuthbertson to fulfil that but depends how you look at their signings, Leeds planned ahead is my opinion

Peacock - one of the World's best props still even at 37. Please suggest who they possibly could have signed to replace him? None from over here that is for sure

Aiton - Leeds attempted to sign McIlorum. If you are not happy with that they signed an overseas hooker after that fell though. How good he is and is he better than who they had in reserve that we will see in the coming season

Leuluai - How many rated him when Leeds signed him? Never a vaunted signing and a player who at times appeared to struggle in the first team. Yet on his departure some regard him as "irreplaceable"

Well I am telling you this, Leeds HAVE attempted to replace these players. Does it matter if they came from Timbuktoo? Not if Leeds maintain their stature in the game

The point I made and you both pertinently ignore is that Leeds DID sign someone. Time will tell if they made the right signings but what I can tell you both is the opposite end of what Leeds have done is Wigan. We have simply had the attitude that no matter who leaves we can always put 13 on the field even if they have to play out of position.

Before I end attempting to make a point to people too ignorant (or arrogant) to understand. Are you both fully happy with our recruitment for next season?

If Flower leaves (as this thread IS about) are you happy for us to play Greg Burke at prop (or whomever)?. Do you not think we as a team need to recruit and not simply promote juniors who may not be ready or good enough at the time of them being thrown into the first team?
Very mature response there BM!!

I will say it again, what WW said is correct, the players that left Leeds in 2015 have not been replaced by the same quality ready for 2016!! Is that really that difficult to understand? Is there any need to get personal? No didn't think so!!

The funny thing is you actually agree with that point with your comments about each player!! :lol:

I don't recall myself ever mentioning anything about where the players come from or our own recruitment policy, do you?

I was once told that when ever a person gets overly aggressive or personal in a debate its because they are wrong, but maybe they were wrong! :wink:

(I have highlighted in bold the important parts of the discussion just for your reference!)
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
Quite.

And while none of their new signings have proved how good they will be for SL which seems to the be point being made, we do that all the time.

We have signed numerous projects, such as Gelling, Sarge and Clubb and have done it for years (Pryce for example) so I am not sure how or why Leeds deserve criticism or just what the point is of saying this.

All of their new players are not even projects. They have experience and you can bet its got the Leeds fans talking.

We on the other hand announce Greg Burke as a "new signing".

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
Quite.

And while none of their new signings have proved how good they will be for SL which seems to the be point being made, we do that all the time.

We have signed numerous projects, such as Gelling, Sarge and Clubb and have done it for years (Pryce for example) so I am not sure how or why Leeds deserve criticism or just what the point is of saying this.

All of their new players are not even projects. They have experience and you can bet its got the Leeds fans talking.

We on the other hand announce Greg Burke as a "new signing".
The reason why we ignored it is very simple, myself and WW had both already said they DID sign someone, just not of the quality they had last season!! I am flabbergasted at how people don't follow conversations properly!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Again I'm happy with what we've got. Sam will slot back in and Isa will quickly adapt.
I certainly do not hanker for the 'good old days' of 3 or 4 new Aussies every year and the team struggling to gel until Easter leaving us to play catch up for the rest of the season. And all to justify Little Mo's annual jolly Down Under with a stopover in Morocco on the way back!
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Kittwazzer wrote:Again I'm happy with what we've got. Sam will slot back in and Isa will quickly adapt.
I certainly do not hanker for the 'good old days' of 3 or 4 new Aussies every year and the team struggling to gel until Easter leaving us to play catch up for the rest of the season. And all to justify Little Mo's annual jolly Down Under with a stopover in Morocco on the way back!
Morroco eh. The little tinker. Well at least it wasn't Thailand. Back to topic. Much ado about nowt :cool: