Ferres Transfer Listed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Fujiman

Re: Ferres Transfer Listed

Post by Fujiman »

ddtftf wrote:Leeds have only signed him because they have had photos of all the players girlfriends and wives & decided there was no risk after seeing them.
:lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:At the beginning of last season a certain Gary Hethington was calling on the RFL to not allow a certain Australian to play in our game because of his off field behaviour but now is quite happy to sign another.

How opinion can change when it suits!
The guys a scumbag cannot wait till he is out the game
I have a horrible feeling he will be gifted a job with the RFL once he leaves Leeds
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:At the beginning of last season a certain Gary Hethington was calling on the RFL to not allow a certain Australian to play in our game because of his off field behaviour but now is quite happy to sign another.

How opinion can change when it suits!
The guys a scumbag cannot wait till he is out the game
I have a horrible feeling he will be gifted a job with the RFL once he leaves Leeds
I think thats nailed on Meds
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: The guys a scumbag cannot wait till he is out the game
Thought he already ran the RFL :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
medlocke wrote: I have a horrible feeling he will be gifted a job with the RFL once he leaves Leeds
Thought he already ran the RFL :wink:
Behind the scenes, imagine how bad he will be when he is the big king rat, all that power, Leeds getting away with even more than they already do :angry:
SJ

Post by SJ »

ddtftf wrote:Leeds have only signed him because they have had photos of all the players girlfriends and wives & decided there was no risk after seeing them.
Wouldn't want a bloke like him. He'd possibly have been a threat to the harmony of our team had we gone for him. It will be interesting to see if he fits in at Leeds despite ddtftf' observations
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Irrespective of his character/conduct; why would Wigan need/want to sign a backrower when they have such a healthy surplus of players in that position who are younger and some could rightly argue better.

Age etc should not be the only criteria but we have areas where you could argue they would be justified recruiting; back row is not one.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Irrespective of his character/conduct; why would Wigan need/want to sign a backrower when they have such a healthy surplus of players in that position who are younger and some could rightly argue better.

Age etc should not be the only criteria but we have areas where you could argue they would be justified recruiting; back row is not one.
Who would you like to see take over the loose forward mantle once Lockers hangs up his playing boots?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We have the option of Bateman or Burke. Even much younger we have options coming through like Shelford. At this stage I would say Bateman would be favourite.

I actually like Ferres as a player but realistically Wigan signing a backrower would be crazy. Arguably Isa is a bit of a gamble but he does offer what many fans have been calling for re experience. Just because Leeds signed somebody, I see no reason to go into meltdown. Leeds lost Sinfield and other forwards, there may even be issues re last seasons injured players such as JJB.

For me, if Wigan fans were desperate to see a new signing, maybe a goalkickers? maybe a winger? maybe a scooting hooker? I struggle to see why Wigan would need a back rower though.

Personally, an improved coaching philosophy and possibly a more planned resting/giving young players planned games would reap better reward. I find it hard TO BLAME INTERNATIONAL GAMES ETC
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:We have the option of Bateman or Burke. Even much younger we have options coming through like Shelford. At this stage I would say Bateman would be favourite.

I actually like Ferres as a player but realistically Wigan signing a backrower would be crazy. Arguably Isa is a bit of a gamble but he does offer what many fans have been calling for re experience. Just because Leeds signed somebody, I see no reason to go into meltdown. Leeds lost Sinfield and other forwards, there may even be issues re last seasons injured players such as JJB.

For me, if Wigan fans were desperate to see a new signing, maybe a goalkickers? maybe a winger? maybe a scooting hooker? I struggle to see why Wigan would need a back rower though.

Personally, an improved coaching philosophy and possibly a more planned resting/giving young players planned games would reap better reward. I find it hard TO BLAME INTERNATIONAL GAMES ETC
Comments about International duty which were made by one of the players involved and not by the Coach or indeed any member of the coaching staff.