Rant Alert

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Rant Alert

Post by Wandering Warrior »

You have so nailed everything there in life exiled. I too think when your time comes that is it. I enjoy life to the full now because I've had the best years.
I have a dear friend who is very close to an exit who I've loved and laughed with and it's very shocking to see him as he is, but he's had a good shot and I know he knows that because he's lived it to the full.
When I was at school my class mate was a real looker and the girls where all over him like a rash.
He had two daughters by the time he was 19 by a girl in our class,who to be honest, I wouldn't give the time of day.
However, the marriage they entered into didn't last and the worst occurred.
The last time I saw him was one Saturday afternoon in 1985 and he invited me to his second wedding to take place some weeks later. About a week after that I read in the local paper of an industrial accident local to me and he had serious respiratory problems due to his involvement.
I don't need to go any further as the outcome was not positive but in those twenty odd years he had led life to the full and left his mark. Some years later I met his former wife and a fellow pupil and he was the topic of discussion.
His former wife said he was a wonderful husband but that they married too young and the other pupil, who had been in a relationship with him after his divorce, wanted him to go to the US with her. Ironically if he had gone he would not have been involved in that fateful day.
Sorry to be so morbid but this, to me, is quite poignant to your comments.
Take care.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

CP
I am currently fighting a battle, as support for my wife, with my mother in law and her health and upkeep.
You have not been selfish with regards to your father looking more towards himself.
I've been orphaned for over 20 years if you know what I mean but the day my dad died was the day my mum died also, albeit 8 years later.
I realised many years ago that you can't take away folks' independence even if it's for their own better welfare.
exiled

Post by exiled »

Wandering Warrior wrote:You have so nailed everything there in life exiled. I too think when your time comes that is it. I enjoy life to the full now because I've had the best years.
I have a dear friend who is very close to an exit who I've loved and laughed with and it's very shocking to see him as he is, but he's had a good shot and I know he knows that because he's lived it to the full.
When I was at school my class mate was a real looker and the girls where all over him like a rash.
He had two daughters by the time he was 19 by a girl in our class,who to be honest, I wouldn't give the time of day.
However, the marriage they entered into didn't last and the worst occurred.
The last time I saw him was one Saturday afternoon in 1985 and he invited me to his second wedding to take place some weeks later. About a week after that I read in the local paper of an industrial accident local to me and he had serious respiratory problems due to his involvement.
I don't need to go any further as the outcome was not positive but in those twenty odd years he had led life to the full and left his mark. Some years later I met his former wife and a fellow pupil and he was the topic of discussion.
His former wife said he was a wonderful husband but that they married too young and the other pupil, who had been in a relationship with him after his divorce, wanted him to go to the US with her. Ironically if he had gone he would not have been involved in that fateful day.
Sorry to be so morbid but this, to me, is quite poignant to your comments.
Take care.
WW.

Thank you.

The way I look at it, is that, life is all about decisions/choices.

We all come to a cross road/s in our life's, and mother nature, being as she is, (as far as I am concerned), has pre-programmed us to make certain decisions, too make sure we don't cheat the system. I mean, if, Danny Jones and the other players had not played this great game and pushed themselves to the limit, then their hearts, possibly, would still be beating. If the service personnel whom had been killed on active service had been on a different posting or not joined up, they would still be alive.

I have lost close friends, family and colleagues, but like I have already said, being ex military I think, gives me a more pragmatic outlook on life, but that is just me.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I find it farcical that they can keep going on about what we can eat or drink to prevent cancer when at the same time they intend to build more nuclear power stations, not to mention our country now being the dustbin of the world by nuclear waste being sent here for disposal at places like Sellerfield.

Wandering Warrior

Inform me please, how does Nuclear Power fit into the scheme of things as a negative?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

first lof all apologies to anyone who i offended with the original post was having a mare of day yesterday and had my angry head on and probably should of made the OP more constructive to get the point across luckily i think most have picked up on what i meant

I just feel we are under a constant barrage of borderline scare mongering being told not to eat this or drink this or do that becuase it will cause a bully of a disease taht in truth is a lot less picky than these articles tend to make out

I like many have close friends and family who have died or still have cancer, if anything it only serves to re-enforce my view live is for living not for being afraid of what might kill you.

This is my other objection to these articles, cancer isnt the only killer in the world, i have lost 2 friends under the age of 30 to suicide, which is the biggest killer in men under 45, yet i dont see articles telling me how to avoid that, or signs to look out for.

Like i said no offense was meant by the OP and i certainly was not trying to belittle the impact of cancer as i know it all too well

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So there are those that would prefer no advice at all? How about legalising all drugs with no health advice? Is that the same, or different? Where should the government draw the line on lifestyle advice? Personally I think they are genuinely trying to help people be more heathy whilst also looking to save the NHS money in future.

I don't mind the advice. You can take it or leave it based on your life experiences.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally I think there should be more health education throughout a largely historical outdated education system. From a purely financial point of view it is a win win for entire countries.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

[quote="Wigan_forever19​85​"]first lof all apologies to anyone who i offended with the original post was having a mare of day yesterday and had my angry head on and probably should of made the OP more constructive to get the point across luckily i think most have picked up on what i meant

I just feel we are under a constant barrage of borderline scare mongering being told not to eat this or drink this or do that becuase it will cause a bully of a disease taht in truth is a lot less picky than these articles tend to make out

I like many have close friends and family who have died or still have cancer, if anything it only serves to re-enforce my view live is for living not for being afraid of what might kill you.

This is my other objection to these articles, cancer isnt the only killer in the world, i have lost 2 friends under the age of 30 to suicide, which is the biggest killer in men under 45, yet i dont see articles telling me how to avoid that, or signs to look out for.

Like i said no offense was meant by the OP and i certainly was not trying to belittle the impact of cancer as i know it all too well

No need for apologises to me. I was not offended just surprised at post. I do at times take things a bit ott. But this touched a nerve having personally experienced this twice last op was within last 6 months. And loosing my dad to it at 54 and other close family members. We are all entitled to our opinions even controversial ones and good debate is good without getting abusive. It is actually good to see peoples views on it and reading the posts you are not alone in your thinking.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Mike wrote:So there are those that would prefer no advice at all? How about legalising all drugs with no health advice? Is that the same, or different? Where should the government draw the line on lifestyle advice? Personally I think they are genuinely trying to help people be more heathy whilst also looking to save the NHS money in future.

I don't mind the advice. You can take it or leave it based on your life experiences.
Alcohol and cigs kill more than drugs. Makes you think how well informed are we. Drugs are illegal for financial reasons and political more than health.

I have never smoked or taken drugs never will but cigs kills 250000 in the uk alone. Drugs 1000 and that figure combines drugs with alcohol.

I would ban both but big companies make money from death legally and that is wrong.