Warriors Dominate England Squads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Warriors Dominate England Squads

Post by doc »

Some years you get a lot of good young players others you don't. I wouldn't be too worried unless it occurs several years on the trot.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

cpwigan wrote:Certainly the legendary RL school teachers that served Wigan RL for decades seem well and truly over with all retired. I do wonder if Wigan / The RFL should be exerting more influence / even sponsorship of PE appointments given many Wigan schools are now academy's.
Anybody that went to John Fisher knows that the legendary disciplinarian Mr.McLeod has retired and that must have had a big impact. He was a brilliant but strict teacher and he used to knock 10 shades of shit out of you if you weren't doing things right. Players like Shaun Edwards and Shaun O'loughlin would back me up on that one.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Is Max Dudley a surprise omission ?
As far as I know, this squad is far from finalised and players can be added or dropped.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Certainly the legendary RL school teachers that served Wigan RL for decades seem well and truly over with all retired. I do wonder if Wigan / The RFL should be exerting more influence / even sponsorship of PE appointments given many Wigan schools are now academy's.
Anybody that went to John Fisher knows that the legendary disciplinarian Mr.McLeod has retired and that must have had a big impact. He was a brilliant but strict teacher and he used to knock 10 shades of shit out of you if you weren't doing things right. Players like Shaun Edwards and Shaun O'loughlin would back me up on that one.
Very much as would Wiganers from a host of Secondary Schools. I am not sure it will ever return to be the norm despite fantastic effort by for example St Peters. PE has changed dramatically since the era of OFSTED. Not even sure if modern youngsters could tolerate or understand the value of such teachers.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:
Very much as would Wiganers from a host of Secondary Schools. I am not sure it will ever return to be the norm despite fantastic effort by for example St Peters. PE has changed dramatically since the era of OFSTED. Not even sure if modern youngsters could tolerate or understand the value of such teachers.

Could be -Mick Mullaney did brilliant for my 2 lads as did with dozens of others
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If St. Peters Orrell can do it you would think that other schools such as St. John Fisher and Deanery High should have similar talent available.