Easter Monday Fixture!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Easter Monday Fixture!

Post by Owd Codger »

Fujiman wrote:First time I've heard that about alternating with Bolton.
When Bolton are at home, the Latic's are away and vice versa unless like yesterday when both were at home due to Bolton being in a home cup tie.

Actually, Bolton used to be paired with Bury until the Latic's got into the big time. Bury, I think are now paired with the mighty Accrington Stanley.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
When Bolton are at home, the Latic's are away and vice versa unless like yesterday when both were at home due to Bolton being in a home cup tie.

Actually, Bolton used to be paired with Bury until the Latic's got into the big time. Bury, I think are now paired with the mighty Accrington Stanley.
Is that so? Or is it just assumption? Can you provide some evidence of what you've stated?
For the record Bury and Bolton still play at home different weeks.
Should be interesting next year when Bury, Bolton and Wigan are in the same division.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

The problem is more that Sky have selected Wigan v Warrington for the following Friday. Wigan could play Tuesday Night v Hull KR but that leaves them another three day turnaround v Wire, which is very harsh.

If Sky had just picked Wigan v Warrington for Saturday instead of their choice of Salford v Wakefield this would be much simpler, though not ideal, for Wigan to play on the Tuesday.

I am surprised though that given fixtures were out at the beginning of the off season that we are still none the wiser. I would like to be able to plan stuff around Easter personally.
markill

Post by markill »

On a purely selfish note, if it was on the Tuesday I'd be happy as I could go to it!

But really, the frustration is that there was plenty of chance to flag these things in advance of fixtures being organised surely.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

Is that so? Or is it just assumption? Can you provide some evidence of what you've stated?
For the record Bury and Bolton still play at home different weeks.
Should be interesting next year when Bury, Bolton and Wigan are in the same division.
Look at the football league fixtures on two successive weekends and you perhaps understand and learn, Bolton and Bury do indeed play as you suggest, but the clubs they are paired up with are away.

No different with the Liverpool and Manchester clubs.

Perhaps, if you spent less time swiping at me about assumptions, you could spend some time learning about how things work!

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Need to make a decision for the fans sake. Not driving down on a bank holiday traffic will be mental. Not booking a train until I know what's happening. Already £200 down this season ( before its started) Catalans and Brisbane games with the west coast train line down . Advance ticket holders have been given an alternative route to Wigan via York and Manchester and it takes over 6 hours. Tried phoning for a refund but it's like banging your head of a brick wall . Some customer service operators didn't even know the west coast line in Scotland was closed .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I know full well how the football fixtures work!
My problem is you do make assumptions based on no evidence, the classic being tarring all football fans as hooligans based completely on nothing! Perhaps all Muslims are suicide bombers in your book?
As for swiping at you, kettle and pot!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I know full well how the football fixtures work!
My problem is you do make assumptions based on no evidence, the classic being tarring all football fans as hooligans based completely on nothing! Perhaps all Muslims are suicide bombers in your book?
As for swiping at you, kettle and pot!!!
Do you, and I have never said that all football fans are hooligans, only that whenever there is a hooligan type incident at a big Rugby League game, more often than not, it could involve football supporters who do turn up on these occasions.

As for the last comment, I have enough sense to know that not all Muslims are not suicide bombers, so why imply that?

As for swiping, was there any need on your part to even question my information about football clubs being paired when others either accepted it as true or not?

Why is it that ever since I give a opinion that football supporters could have been involved in the trouble at the Grand Final, you have jumped in every time I have said anything to do with football?

Begs the question, are you a football supporter to get so intense about what others say about football supporters and the hooligan side of that game?

markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote: Begs the question, are you a football supporter to get so intense about what others say about football supporters and the hooligan side of that game?
He/she probably is a football supporter. Don't understand why that's a relevant question, or even a problem if they are. Many posters on here will be football supporters too. This really has nothing to do with the thread topic though does it. Keep your pretty squabbles to private messages.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

markill wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Begs the question, are you a football supporter to get so intense about what others say about football supporters and the hooligan side of that game?
He/she probably is a football supporter. Don't understand why that's a relevant question, or even a problem if they are. Many posters on here will be football supporters too. This really has nothing to do with the thread topic though does it. Keep your pretty squabbles to private messages.
Just making the point that when ever I say anything about football or its supporters, he pops up having a go a me and if you look at the thread, you will see that he started the squabble as you put it!

I know that many others are supporters of a football club but no others made any comment about what I said about football clubs being paired, only Wandering Warrior who only had to read and either believe it or not.