South Stand Seats Covered

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Red Hot Mama

South Stand Seats Covered

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Well I think their WIGAN covers will look pretty on TV however, I was very dissappointed to find our usual seats covered. This caused me major problems. I use the side gate to enter the stadium and then only have a few steps to climb. Whilst I am not disabled I do have an arthritic right knee. Last night had to climb to top of steps to get to a seat. There was a lady who came in with me who had crutches. I also prefer to sit nearer to the pitch. Why were these covers needed. No covers in the east or west stand I notice. If they stay I may have issues for future games. Not happy, hope they are not a permanent fixture.
Brian's Girl

Owd Codger

Re: South Stand Seats Covered

Post by Owd Codger »

I think it is a good idea and far better that the banner going up and down the Stand which last season became a joke at times.

And for the record, I sit near the top of the East Stand where there are a number of elderly supporters with obvious walking problems and also one on cruches who climb a lot more steps than the first few rows of the North and South Stands.

Perhaps the reason for none on the East and West Stands is the fact that some of the seats are occupied by saeson ticket holders in waht are Reserved Stands.

Good idea sa far as I concerned and long may they remain as they also make the stands look more full.

P.S. Having said the above, will they be there for the Saints game?
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Just because the people you sit near CHOOSE to sit there is of no consequence to me really. Fair play to them if they want to do that. However, my choice is to sit in the south stand nearer to the front especially where it does not cause me to be uncomfortable during the game. That choice has now been taken from me. It was not advertised before I renewed my season ticket. Therefore I did not have a choice. We should have been informed of this before hand.
Brian's Girl

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

There are a lot of things that need fixing, the general management of the facilities leave a lot to be desired! When walking round the ground, pre-game, I noticed that the North Stand turnstiles were not open and fans were getting drenched! Not the type of treatment that would entice you back.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I would be surprised if the banners at the bottom of both stands are permananent as it reduces the capacity in both stands. You are right about comms though, it would have been nice to have been told cerain areas were not available (hence my user name "from A to B", as I used to sit in row A in the Boston stand, came to renew one year only to be told my seat had gone (after I sent them the money for my ticket) :conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Lifetimer

Post by Lifetimer »

Well I for one am not happy with these covers, why do we need to change what isn't broken.
My wife & I have sat in the South Stand front row for years and now with out any warning The "Rugby Club" have decided to fit these stupid covers.
They advertised last night that the South Stand was a sellout, it would be when they removed the option for a further 800 spectators to sit in that end.
Why has this move not affected the other stands????
The poor relations in the South stand cop it again.
Well if these are a to be a permanent fixture I for one will not be renewing my season ticket next year, they already have my money this year but I would not have renewed if I knew what tricks they were up to & I'm not on my own.
Jamie Peacock is not the Ugliest Man in the World

But He Looks Like Him
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did not like them personally, sends out the wrong / negative message IMO.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Have they dispensed with the 18 Banner?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Lifetimer wrote:Well I for one am not happy with these covers, why do we need to change what isn't broken.
My wife & I have sat in the South Stand front row for years and now with out any warning The "Rugby Club" have decided to fit these stupid covers.
They advertised last night that the South Stand was a sellout, it would be when they removed the option for a further 800 spectators to sit in that end.
Why has this move not affected the other stands????
The poor relations in the South stand cop it again.
Well if these are a to be a permanent fixture I for one will not be renewing my season ticket next year, they already have my money this year but I would not have renewed if I knew what tricks they were up to & I'm not on my own.
As in an earlier post, they could not put these in the side stands as many seats are reserved season ticket holders whereas the end stands are all unreserved seating. I'm not saying it's right and would not expect them to be used at every game as it does reduce capacity
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A bit fickle to suggest that you will not renew a season ticket on the strength of the club only trying to make two stands look more full in what is a 25,000 capacity stadium which on most occasions looks half full.

I hate saying this, but perhaps it would have been better to only have a maximum capacity of 20,000, but I suppoed the powers that be were looking at the staging of 'special' games with larger attendances.

Only a handfull of club games involving both us and the Latics have ever been above 20,000.