Winning try from a knock on ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Winning try from a knock on ?

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews

Re: Winning try from a knock on ?

Post by josie andrews »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 16-salford

Your link wasn't working cp.Don't know why? :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

It was a clear knock on however throughout the game the ref was equally as bad for both teams.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Their 3rd try is also from an incorrect play the ball as bad as I have seen in a very long time. Both decisions were awful.

Time for NRL style 2 refs. Though both as poor decisions they are both centerish and blindside so its tough to call.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It should have been a penalty to Wigan. Watch it again closely. The Salford players left hand comes in underneath and punches the ball from Tautais grasp. Has anyone seen the disallowed try in the first half yet, looked onside from where I was sitting.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

I have just watched the video of last nights highlights and you can clearly see the Salford players hand knocking the ball out of Tautais hand.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

From where I was it looked a knock on but maybe it was the right decision to play on after all!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

Both of those last two tries should have probably been penalties to the attacking side.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think any decision and there were manywith that referee was a lottery.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Some decisions go for us and some against us, so who cares if the one in the game against Salford which for a change went in our favour was a good try or not?

At the end of the day, the decision was made by the Referee without the aid of technology.

If we want all debatable tries decided on by a video referee, the technology should apply to all Super League games and not just the games on television as some teams like Wigan are on television more than others and therfore are under more scrutiny where vital decisions are made.

We either have technology at all games or none at all as the present situation is a farce!