EU ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: EU ?

Post by SJ »

Reply to Cabooegg.
Interesting post from an unexpected direction.- Toxicology. But to narrow a "field " to influence the general public one way or another way I suggest. However very interesting nevertheless gives pause for thought :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

Don't think either camp are making a good case but just one look at the outcamp leaders, Farage, Ian Duncan slimeball, Greaseball Gove etc etc, is enough for me to vote stay in.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Mike, why is it that whenever the subject of immigration is mentioned, you make comments which appear to be in defence of it which gives me the impression that like the do gooder element in our society which includes some Church people, you see no problem with the present level of uncontrolled mass immigration into our country and the effect it is having on the economy, benefit system and the health service.

Yes, many of our own people are now migrating, especilly our skilled and professional people, but you can hardly blame them with what is happening in our country, can you?
Though this may amaze - I often sound like i agree with immigration being OK, because I think that immigration is OK.

I find it hillarious when people with anti-immigration views think that British folk emigrating to other lands is different to foreigners immigrating here. After all - we're the ones that are the "good" people and they are the "bad" people! Its even funnier when people can't see how ironic that is.

We're all people IMO, doesn't matter where you were born. If you think you have the right to move to improve your circumstances (i.e. because you think where you live is over-run with immigrants), then I think everyone has that right.

I think I'll leave it there, because it does seem that this subject brings out my sarky side which doesn't show me in a good light!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest if you want to control migration then you have to accept/acknowledge it applies both ways and that Brits abroad may suffer the consequences. It may upset that section of the UK population but if it is better for a larger majority who still reside in the UK then so be it.

At this stage I will vote out as I think the negative outweighs the positive.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:To be honest if you want to control migration then you have to accept/acknowledge it applies both ways and that Brits abroad may suffer the consequences. It may upset that section of the UK population but if it is better for a larger majority who still reside in the UK then so be it.

At this stage I will vote out as I think the negative outweighs the positive.
If the positive includes limiting immigration, then why does almost half current immigration come from outside the EU right now. The government have total control over that portion but they have not shut it down. Why? Because businesses, hospitals, farmers, universities and everyone else would kick off about it if they couldn't hire or profit from the people they need. There's more going on here than the EU.

IMO there are no solid arguments about economic and social outcomes if we were to leave. Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse. Personally I think it will make virtually no difference socially and be slightly worse for the economy, but neither opinion is strong. It hinges on stability for me. Bringing people together is far better than having conflict between competing nations. The EU has been part Europe's current structure which so far had been exceedingly successful at preventing conflict between it's member countries. For that reason alone I'm pro.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

jobo wrote:Don't think either camp are making a good case but just one look at the outcamp leaders, Farage, Ian Duncan slimeball, Greaseball Gove etc etc, is enough for me to vote stay in.
So you think that smarmie Prime Ministers like Blair and Cameron who fully support the Gravy Train are different?

They support it because like many members of their parties are like our own Parliament making a nice cushy living for themselves in the form of ever increasing pay awards and vast amounts of expenses from it!

Cynical maybe, but stating a fact!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
jobo wrote:Don't think either camp are making a good case but just one look at the outcamp leaders, Farage, Ian Duncan slimeball, Greaseball Gove etc etc, is enough for me to vote stay in.
So you think that smarmie Prime Ministers like Blair and Cameron who fully support the Gravy Train are different?

They support it because like many members of their parties are like our own Parliament making a nice cushy living for themselves in the form of ever increasing pay awards and vast amounts of expenses from it!

Cynical maybe, but stating a fact!
Don't like or trust any of them. Just think that us mere mortals will be better protected within the EU. If we come out, the quasi fascist side of the Tory party will run rampant.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Militant Labour Fanatics :eusa4:
SJ

Post by SJ »

Mike wrote:
ian b wrote:I've been offered a gym out there as I go from time to time teaching seminars. This being the case I would be paying in to society and not free loading which seems to be the case over here. I wouldn't be bringing my religious views which also seems to go on a lot over here and finally I fear for my daughter because every time you see the news there is some sex trafficking gang carting young girls off. So do you blame me ?
I imagine there will be plenty of Norwegians who will view you just like you view immigrants to the UK. And nothing you do to justify your presence will change their minds. In the same way as you are doing with all immigrants to the UK. You'll be an immigrant. An economic one at that, either undercutting local workers or pricing locals out of their areas. Either way, the irony will be fabulous. :)

I for one don't blame you. You are not against migration as long as it's controlled. I agree with that to. I find Mikes argument in the above post what some people call "the Staw man Argument ". It's completely speculative re- Norweigans reaction to your movement there. You will be going to a business you have invested in thereby giving something to Norways economic infrastructure. He's just being mischievous and 'Sarcastic 'has admitted by him. I am quite bemused by his apparent hilarious aproach to what is after all a serious topic. :sly:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not see this 'conflict' We certainly need migration but it has to be controlled. Migration should be based on economic need not 'club' membership.