Ouch - The Whole Season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Ouch - The Whole Season!

Post by butt monkey »

Tuigamala wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Having met him he is a very nice person but so are many players, players that did not make it at Wigan just like Bob. Some fantastic players are not very nice people, some are. Likeability is not a reason to select a Wigan player. I would argue you want the best player available OR you stick with what you have if what is available is no improvement.
CP No need to go off on a tangent as stated Bob is INJURED so wont be coming to Wigan any time soon.

Here is a section from rugby league.com regarding the recent loan signing of Charnock from saints to Leigh.

"Leigh, who began the year as clear promotion favourites, have hit an early-season injury crisis that has robbed them of the services of Gregg McNally, Bob Beswick and Martyn Ridyard and they were also without Rangi Chase for Sunday's 32-32 draw at Bradford Bulls"
Well Bob being "injured" is news to any Leigh fans.

Not being in favour is the real reason. Leigh have struggled with Higham and a young hooker who made his debut at Batley under Neil Jukes attempt to "shake things up" there.

Virtually all the Leigh fans want BB back into the starting line up

As for Rangi Chase, did not turn up for the team coach to Bradford and is "missing". Rumours abound over him right now :wink:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

As for the possibility of signing BB. He would be a classic IL signing. Cheap, all ready here and favoured by the incumbent coach - what could possibly go wrong there?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

butt monkey wrote:As for the possibility of signing BB. He would be a classic IL signing. Cheap, all ready here and favoured by the incumbent coach - what could possibly go wrong there?
A bit like Paul Deacon then - what could possibly go right!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Tuigamala wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Having met him he is a very nice person but so are many players, players that did not make it at Wigan just like Bob. Some fantastic players are not very nice people, some are. Likeability is not a reason to select a Wigan player. I would argue you want the best player available OR you stick with what you have if what is available is no improvement.
CP No need to go off on a tangent as stated Bob is INJURED so wont be coming to Wigan any time soon.

Here is a section from rugby league.com regarding the recent loan signing of Charnock from saints to Leigh.

"Leigh, who began the year as clear promotion favourites, have hit an early-season injury crisis that has robbed them of the services of Gregg McNally, Bob Beswick and Martyn Ridyard and they were also without Rangi Chase for Sunday's 32-32 draw at Bradford Bulls"
Read the post below :)

Injured for how long :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
butt monkey wrote:As for the possibility of signing BB. He would be a classic IL signing. Cheap, all ready here and favoured by the incumbent coach - what could possibly go wrong there?
A bit like Paul Deacon then - what could possibly go right!!
Very different circumstances and here initially/primarily as a coach.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Leigh signing Saints young 9 worry s me. Maybe Wane love child Beswick to Wigan. Rather make do with Powell
My understanding is Leigh have to wait a month to get Reynolds back from his loan at Dewsbury, so need half back cover until then. Hence the signing of Charnock.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

BB is not the answer short or long term.

he is a championship standard player, we are supposedly a big team.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Some like Beswick were released when we had stronger squads, whereas with the present squad, perhaps some would have been retained as in some cases, they were better young players than some we have now.

In the case of Beswick, he was at the time, a good player who perhaps today would not have been released.

What bothers me more is Wane saying in one news report he will consider signing a replacement Hooker, but in another later news report saying that we will cope with what we have at the club.

It begs the question, was first news report before he had consulted IL and the other after?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

we are in the shit, as long as Eric Pollard is in charge, yes we are a nicely run club but we sure are boring, we have the charisma or Steve Davis and Kevin Sinfield combined, what ever happened to us being the glamour club, since when does the Mighty Wigan make do, it really is starting to take the piss, if Super League wasn't already bad enough it has now gotten worse with our owners attitude :angry:
SJ

Post by SJ »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:According to some or at least one in particular on here Beswick is better than MM so I would love us to sign him so it can be proven.......or not!! :wink:
If thats a dig at me just find me one post on this entire forum where I have said that. As for Your post CP not getting into your petty calling and dislike of Bob. But it had it's disired afect to draw a reaction from me.The player has and always will give 100% for who ever he plays for and has the respect of every player and coach he has played with and against. So I would think your insults would not bother him much. Last post on the subject.
KITDF, it is not about you at all!!
No Ktdf it's a dig at me. Pathetic isn't it.

On another recent post not related to this topic I made reference to "A Straw Man Argument ". TB is a skilled practitioner of the said Modus Operandi of the. Said argument style. Like yourself KT TB cannot find a single post where I've made the claims he alleges. In fact he makes the claim he attributes to me and then argues against it ad infinitum. I think I commented at the time it was an example of legerdemain ie slippery like a conjurer. Like KT this is my last comment on this topic