Strongest Man In SL; Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Strongest Man In SL; Lockers

Post by cpwigan »

I always remember Gary Connolly being incredibly strong but modern day JEEZ how strong is Lockers. Yes, great technique but brutally strong be it tackling or bumping would be tacklers.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Strongest Man In SL; Lockers

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He is ridiculously strong
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Funny how some thought he was finished!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

That one play tonight epitomised his strength. Thought he was going to swat aside the whole of the Leeds team!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

yokozuna wrote:That one play tonight epitomised his strength. Thought he was going to swat aside the whole of the Leeds team!

:D :D :D

Seriously if he stays fit, Lockers must be a major contender for MOS this year.......prop forward and leader one week, half back a couple of weeks later,,,, the man is a phenomenon :cool:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Don't forget he did a spell at hooker too!

I've always sang his praises from being a kid ???????? Fantastic & immense player ????

And I've been proved right time & time again ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Lockers did a great job as a late replacement at Stand Off, but the fact remains that we still need a top class experienced playmaker Stand Off like we had with Finch/Green and other clubs like Leeds have in McGuire, Saints have in Burns and Widnes have in Brown and Hull KR with Campese.

Apart from Sam, the only other natural Stand Off we had in the squad has been allowed to go to Castleford on loan!

Last night, when Williams had to withdraw at the last minute, Hampshire would more than likely been in the nineteen and would have possibly gone into the team on the bench and then to Stand Off when Lockers went back to his usual position.

When we reach the 20 meter line, our attack at times does not seem to know how to penetrate a line defence and it could be argued that most of the tries last night had more to do with faults by Leeds rather than creative play by us.

We will not win like we did last night against a full strength and on top of their game Leeds team in the next meeting against them.
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:Don't forget he did a spell at hooker too!

I've always sang his praises from being a kid ???????? Fantastic & immense player ????

And I've been proved right time & time again ????
Nobody can argue with that Josie! Lockers is awesome and seems to be getting better!
Not bad for a player who was 'retiring' not that long ago because he was nackered!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Strength allied to technique makes for an awesome combination and Lockers has them both.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Thought the would-be tacklers bouncing off him was hilarious. Now I wonder what show pony will beat him to be MOS again. Ridiculous that he's never won the award.