Faz Try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Faz Try

Post by markill »

Sarg was centimetres ahead of Farrell at the point he got the ball and did prevent Watkins getting a shot at Farrell, so it probably was the correct call by the letter of the law. But given how cut open they were it just felt wrong to get no try from it. Faz should have had a couple in the first half and I'm not blaming him for not getting them but it wouldn't have harmed my dream team if he had!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Sarginson was looking the other way, Watkins flew out of the line and mis read it, for me it could have been a penalty to us for tackling a man without the ball, try all day long.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:If anything, Watkins tackled Sarge without the ball!! IMO
Just watched it again and you are spot on Josie.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Professional tackle. 3 / 4 attackers, try going to happen. Watkins took the odds, deliberately tackled Sarge and screamed like a she devil. The worry is the video referee fell for it!
OJ

Post by OJ »

cpwigan wrote:Professional tackle. 3 / 4 attackers, try going to happen. Watkins took the odds, deliberately tackled Sarge and screamed like a she devil. The worry is the video referee fell for it!
Wasn't Silverwood the VR though? Making dodgy decisions seems like a recurring theme with him of late
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I suspect we have to see it in the context of how Silverwood performed all night. There were constant video replays of incidents that he had not been asked to review and he tried his best to deny Clubb a valid try and it was patently obvious that he saw his job as being the 'real' referee on the night. Whether it was deference to Leeds; dislike of Wigan or simply a desire to be all-powerful, it should be enough to stand him down from the position of Video Ref for the foreseeable future. I'd personally stand him down from on-field refereeing but that's too much to hope for.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I am only glad that he was not the match referee as Leeds would have got away with the usual and more blatant offside and forward passes than what they did with Thalor!
BriH

Post by BriH »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sarginson was looking the other way, Watkins flew out of the line and mis read it, for me it could have been a penalty to us for tackling a man without the ball, try all day long.
Absolutely TBW.
The Ref gave try; the vid ref looked at the "incident" replay over and over again. Therefore he wasn't sure, therefore benefit of doubt, therefore TRY. QED IMO!!
jao711

Post by jao711 »

josie andrews wrote:If anything, Watkins tackled Sarge without the ball!! IMO
. That was my view of it.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Watkins is an awful defender and gets it wrong repeatedly.
He got it wrong yet again.
The VR got it wrong as well.
Credit to Liam Farrell on the touch screen interview.
A professional answer to Wells' question.