Hohaia interview - forgives Flower but not Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Re: Hohaia interview - forgives Flower but not Saints

Post by markill »

I think the deeper this goes on the less relevant Ben Flower becomes to any of it. Wigan would be best positioned to stay out of it. Ben has been punished for the awful second punch, it's done and it should be left where it was. This is a different matter really.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stay well away IMO. I think the player mentioned prior incidents and even maybe post ones. It is an employer / employee issue.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Just to emphasise the point though, the gutter press will forever resurrect the photo of Hohaia on his back on the turf and Flower over him with the old follow through.
All credit to Ben, he's living with it.
SJ

Post by SJ »

cpwigan wrote:Stay well away IMO. I think the player mentioned prior incidents and even maybe post ones. It is an employer / employee issue.
I'm just being mischievous. When we play Catalan can't see Ben giving "big Willie" a hard time. Meant in the best possible taste. Don't want to tempt the wrath of Josie :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wane defuses talk of derby bad blood

Shaun Wane has defused talk of increased derby hostilities - by revealing he may go on holiday with Keiron Cunningham!

Lance Hohaia’s war of words withw St Helens has dredged up the controversy of the 2014 Grand Final, when Ben Flower was sent off for punching the Kiwi playmaker.

But Wane insists it has not stirred any bad blood between the two clubs ahead of Good Friday’s hotly-anticipated contest. While the Warriors boss is expecting a ferocious showdown on the pitch, he says the rivalry is healthy and laced with respect and friendship.

Speaking at his weekly media conference, he said: “It’s been made out there is spite between the two, but there is none really.

“Keiron’s a good mate of mine.

“We go for coffees, we’re on about going to Scotland - him shooting, I’ll take the dogs.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for Keiron, he’s a good fella, he was a great player, and he’ll have them up for this game.”

Hohaia had claimed he received a lack of support from St Helens in early 2015, triggering a row between the two parties.

Wane is confident it will not seep into their preparations for Friday’s contest.

“We have a strong bubble and we only concern ourselves with what matters for us,” he said.

“That is the only concern, we don’t get dragged down by anything externally.”

Joel Tomkins is likely to play in his first game of the year, but there’s a doubt over England team-mate Liam Farrell, who is nursing a shoulder problem.

Wane will make a decision after the final training session tomorrow.

Stand-off George Williams is still absent with a back problem but could return as early as Monday, for the home encounter with Hull KR.

Wane’s squad for that game will be shaped by any injuries on Friday, but he confirmed he plans to recall Lewis Tierney. He has also put several of his academy graduates on stand-by.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... z43iqYq48q
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan