Morley again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
damien morrissey

Morley again.

Post by damien morrissey »

I have just read Basils piece in the Mcr Evening news and the main feature of it was that if Mozzer came avaliable he would be at the front of the que to sign him up.As a big fan of his this would be a great signing for the club. Has anyone heard if there is a story to this or is it just a case of take it at face value? :exc:
willie c

Re: Morley again.

Post by willie c »

i agree morley would be a great signing with the other players comeing to the club i think him comeing over on a short term deal he could be looking to come back full time
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
damien morrissey

He would be a fantastic forward for us my at a only concern is that we will be recruiting very good forwards but lacking in the backs and am guessing that it would be a big chunk of the cap gone when a couple of injuries in the centres and we will luck very ordinary in attack, i suppose its down to the fact that over the last few years we havent seemed to have had a recruitment plan and Milly may be looking more long term.
willie c

Post by willie c »

one thing about millward he knows how to build a team and how to get the best out of every one of them
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Morley would be a good signing...

Suprised to see no posts about "not wanting thugs at Wigan" :)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
Suprised to see no posts about "not wanting thugs at Wigan" :)
I wasn't going to bother since he made a point of saying in recent interviews he fully intends to stay in Aus with Sydney, added to his application for Australian citizenship etc etc, which makes a return to the UK in the near future highly unlikely.

He's just doing like Andrew Johns, keeping fit for 5-6 weeks or so ahead of the Tri-Nations, and for once I'm going to praise him for his attitude in that respect. I'd rather have a match-fit Morley playing for GB & Ireland than someone who's not been playing for several weeks.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
I'd rather have a match-fit Morley playing for GB & Ireland than someone who's not been playing for several weeks.
Will you be saying that if we make it to the playoffs (by a miracle)?

It would be third v sixth which means us away at Bradford with Morely in their pack.

Dave

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Fraggle posted:
I'd rather have a match-fit Morley playing for GB & Ireland than someone who's not been playing for several weeks.

It would be third v sixth which means us away at Bradford with Morely in their pack.

Dave
I don't see us getting that far, but if we do then it'll all be over in that one match whether he plays or not. In recent years our record away against Bradford has been dreadful, and with us having half a squad and them currently on top form I don't see that match as a contest. Thankfully I'm otherwise occupied on the 23rd so I won't have to see our season end that way.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

From fraggle
I wasn't going to bother since he made a point of saying in recent interviews he fully intends to stay in Aus with Sydney, added to his application for Australian citizenship etc etc, which makes a return to the UK in the near future highly unlikely.

That was my understanding of the situation i posed the question based on what Milly said and because it looked like he was dropping hints about a possible move.Mozzer is getting heavily suspended under the Aus system of judicary and i was wondering if any more involved in the club had heard anything.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
DaveO posted:
Fraggle posted:

Dave
I don't see us getting that far, but if we do then it'll all be over in that one match whether he plays or not. In recent years our record away against Bradford has been dreadful, and with us having half a squad and them currently on top form I don't see that match as a contest. Thankfully I'm otherwise occupied on the 23rd so I won't have to see our season end that way.
I don't see it as a contest either but that usn't the point. Were we in the position of being genuine contenders would you be so keen for Morley having a run put for Bradford to keep fit for the tri-nations?

Dave