Joel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: Joel

Post by FROM A TO B »

That's it folks, get behind the team and the players. He hasn't even pulled a shirt on and the comments are coming out
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

FROM A TO B wrote:That's it folks, get behind the team and the players. He hasn't even pulled a shirt on and the comments are coming out
And

You mean people do not expect Joel OR virtually anybody to simply come back into the first team immediately. I rate Joel BUT at this moment he would not start before either Faz or Bateman. Would you start him before those two? Lockers at SO gives him a lucky break but he cannot play a full 40, probably not a full 30 as he will not be fit enough.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think faz is out so maybe this was somewhat forced.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:I think faz is out so maybe this was somewhat forced.
Nothing to do with him maybe carrying a injury then?

Come on, there were doubts about him playing against Widnes!
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:I think faz is out so maybe this was somewhat forced.
Nothing to do with him maybe carrying a injury then?

Come on, there were doubts about him playing against Widnes!
To help you understand I'll spell out what Mike meant: Farrell is injured so maybe bringing Joel back this week has been forced a little bit by that being the case. If Farrell wasn't injured then maybe Joel wouldn't be in the side this week.

I'm not sure how you came up with Mike saying nothing about Farrell's injury.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I suspect if Faz was fit, then Joel would come back and John Bateman would move to loose-forward. When Faz recovers and if George is still out expect that will happen.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

With a fully fit squad and an important game, I'd have thought our back 3 would be Bateman Farrell and Lockers with Joel on the bench along with Powell.

The debate would be who are the other 2 props alongside Clubb and Flower?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:With a fully fit squad and an important game, I'd have thought our back 3 would be Bateman Farrell and Lockers with Joel on the bench along with Powell.

The debate would be who are the other 2 props alongside Clubb and Flower?
Why would Powell be on the bench for this game? We have no other hooker & he has been playing 80 minutes!

He dislikes playing hooker but will play anywhere to be in the squad! And this is what probably endears him more to Wane than Hampshire! He wants to play no matter in what position!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: He dislikes playing hooker but will play anywhere to be in the squad! And this is what probably endears him more to Wane than Hampshire! He wants to play no matter in what position!!
That would not surprise me in the least. The trouble is that is a fault in Wane. He values effort over ability.

I just posted about Sarginson in another thread and wondered how he had managed to get 55 games for Wigan given he has been average at best in nearly them all. He has in effect been given the benefit of the doubt by Wane repeatedly. Why?

It's the same reason in my opinion. He busts a gut in training and gives 110% so Wane likes that despite the player's lack of actual ability.

If Hamshire was a bit older and more mature he might learn how to "play" a coach like Wane. Say what he wants to hear etc. Trouble is that still might mean gets picked at FB but he might get into his good books again.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think when he said fully fit squad he included MM in that!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett