Saints match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Saints match

Post by yokozuna »

turf wrote:Was a really tough game as it always is

Noticed Clubb had a bandage round back of his knee and another player was bandaged from shin to thigh

Was that just from today

Hopefully won't affect selection for Monday against Hull KR
Clubb has had his leg bandaged up for a good few games now. He's a Trojan though.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
turf

Post by turf »

Just leaves whoever it was that was bandaged from shin to thigh then

Other than that is it same squad v Hull KR

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Some posters seem like they are finding it difficult to be positive and still finding negatives, I am not, I loved it and thought we were exceptional throughout. Well done everyone and something to build on for the rest of the season.

For me the only reasons Saints scored was the ref and luck and the only reason we didn't score more was the ref and luck!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I thought Manfredi was brilliant today. I hope IFL ties him down to a long contract and burns his passport.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I thought Manfredi was brilliant today. I hope IFL ties him down to a long contract and burns his passport.
Or IL needs to get a bit of a DR Evil going get him a small insignificant conviction so he would not get a visa to go there but also not enough to warrant him missing any games for us.

Though 200 years ago he would have been off for free on a boat to Oz.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote="turf"]Just leaves whoever it was that was bandaged from shin to thigh then

Other than that is it same squad v Hull KR

Hello Turf, thought you were a gonner, nice to see you back.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Selected stats:

Tackles:
Powell 53 (0 missed)
Sutton 36
Bateman 36

Metres/Busts/Clean Breaks:
Sarge: 134/3/1
Gelling: 119/4/1
Manfredi: 113/19/3

Penalties: Saints 10, Wigan 10

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I thought Manfredi was brilliant today. I hope IFL ties him down to a long contract and burns his passport.
With you there because the way he is playing it will attract the Aussie clubs as they like a fast and hard winger who can also defend.

A winger in the mould of a certain player called Boston!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Superb entertainment. Forwards and Backs gelled. Even enjoyed the Hull derby. Great day of RL :D
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Our fitness level was massively superior, towards the end of the first half, particularly for Joel's try Stains looked out on their feet. There was an instance where Alex Walmsley gave away 2 penalties in quick succession. He was shattered and was subbed off for 10 minutes shortly after. He wasn't the only one either.

When the game goes down to 8 interchanges you can't afford to carry players. Stains wasted 2 interchanges to give Walmsley a break. Come England squad time they'll all be moaning when he isn't included, and that is why.

I thought we controlled the game well. Dom Manfredi gets better every game. Sarge was solid. Tautai was like a man possessed in attack and defence. We nullified their big carriers, Amor was largely absent, Sam P outshone Mr Overrated Roby, another who has stepped up a level since getting the starting role.

No Sam T, no Williams, no Faz, no Micky Mac, still never looked in trouble.

Friday will be a tough game and need to sort out defending the bomb.