EU ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: EU ?

Post by SJ »

SJ wrote:I'm proud to be an ignorant twerp because in the real World nothing will radically change. Ignorance is bliss :lol: :lol: doomed I say.
PS We ignorent twerps don't profess to know what the"right "thing to do is. But we know one thing that you don't and that is neither do you :exc: Steve
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

dontshootthemes​senger​ wrote:How do Switzerland and Norway survive without being in the EU ,stevethegas ?
By obeying all the EU rules including the free movement of people across the borders so they can trade with the EU. You have as much right to go and work in Norway as you do to go and work in Germany for example. Norway is one of the biggest contributors to the EU budget as well. They comply with all the rules and pay towards the running of EU institutions. That is how.
Perhaps we should have abandoned the Pound and joined the Euro -that has been such a good EU idea :o
We didn't because Gordon Brown worked out it didn't suit our economy. The fact the Greek's cooked the books so theirs looked like it did has nothing to do with whether we should be in the EU or not.
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

not by obeying all EU rules ,Dave O , they only have to comply with EU laws that apply to the EEA , not the other 18000 (!)
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

why dnt we just have a poll on here who wants in who wants out
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

dontshootthemes​senger​ wrote:not by obeying all EU rules ,Dave O , they only have to comply with EU laws that apply to the EEA , not the other 18000 (!)
They have to comply with all the laws to do with free trade and free movement of labour and even have to be part of the schetzen zone.

And laws like the working time directive that the Tories can't wait to rip up are good, not bad. Do you want to live in a wholly unregulated society where there are no laws or regulations to protect the consumer, the employee or the environment? And don't say we can make such laws ourselves because if we can why object to them now? If you think once the Tories rip up these laws we are an election away from being reinstated you are deluded. Once the organisations and regulators are scrapped and the law is changed getting them back will not be a formality. Far from it.

Using the EEA as some sort of working model as the UK's future outside the EU ignores the reality. The main things the "outers" want rid of such as free movement of labour are part of the price of access to the EU market.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO wrote:
We didn't because Gordon Brown worked out it didn't suit our economy. The fact the Greek's cooked the books so theirs looked like it did has nothing to do with whether we should be in the EU or not.
Naivety of the first order there Dave. Gordon Brown did not allow us to join the Euro because Blair wanted to. If Blair was against the Euro Brown would have had us in faster than Jack Rabbit.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote:One of the worse things they did was build the Euro Tunnel IMO. :(
Cannot agree Josie. My cat needs the tunnel travelling back and fro to La Belle France. 35 minutes from loading to unloading and she stays in the car with us and is completely unflustered by the transit. If we had to go by ferry I would have to leave her in the car in the hold for the 90 minutes crossing to Calais and she would be completely stressed by the banging and clanging and me not being there with her.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
doc

Post by doc »

ian.birchall wrote:
josie andrews wrote:One of the worse things they did was build the Euro Tunnel IMO. :(
Cannot agree Josie. My cat needs the tunnel travelling back and fro to La Belle France. 35 minutes from loading to unloading and she stays in the car with us and is completely unflustered by the transit. If we had to go by ferry I would have to leave her in the car in the hold for the 90 minutes crossing to Calais and she would be completely stressed by the banging and clanging and me not being there with her.
Might struggle to do the above if we do leave. Could have long delays at customs and restrictions on the movement of animals. Who knows what taxes/regulations the French could put on holiday homes not owned by EU citizens.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Naivety of the first order there Dave. Gordon Brown did not allow us to join the Euro because Blair wanted to. If Blair was against the Euro Brown would have had us in faster than Jack Rabbit.
When did Gordon or Tony tell you this Ian?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Saying Brown did it out of spite is a new one on me but whatever, why we didn't join the Euro and why the Greeks did has nothing to do with whether we should be in the EU or not.