Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by OJ »

cpwigan wrote:If you had to rest somebody v Hull KR who would you have rested OJ? Bateman or Sarge? or Powell?
Don't understand why you're asking me that cp or why you think I would have wanted to rest any of them.

First part of my post was referring to the way the media glibly assumed we would beat HullKR by a country mile - I believe every team should be respected and treated like they were world beaters. Hard to do I know but the fact remains if we dismiss any team then we could easily end up with egg on our faces
The part of my post about JB was just genuine concern for the guy's welfare. He's a hard man especially for his size, never takes a backward step and gets seven bells knocked out of him sometimes and I thought it was bad enough when he went off the first time on Monday but the 2nd incident seemed even worse so I would rather have him looked after than risk the likes of Simms and co using him as a punchbag on Friday
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Says who?

Any rational human being. Don't worry TB you are a different category :wink: I keep trying to educate you but it is a slow process. Keep going :wink:
It seems to me that any rational human being has accepted that it was a good 2 points from what is a tough Easter weekend!! 4 points from 4 will do for me!!

What certainly is a slow process is your continual moaning about SW in some way, shape or form! Now you feel free to keep going but ultimately all you will ever be is words on a screen, but please continue no matter how frustrating it must be having so much knowledge only to be able to share it with about 50 strangers!! :lol:
And 47 of us are irrational :conf:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

OJ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If you had to rest somebody v Hull KR who would you have rested OJ? Bateman or Sarge? or Powell?
Don't understand why you're asking me that cp or why you think I would have wanted to rest any of them.

First part of my post was referring to the way the media glibly assumed we would beat HullKR by a country mile - I believe every team should be respected and treated like they were world beaters. Hard to do I know but the fact remains if we dismiss any team then we could easily end up with egg on our faces
The part of my post about JB was just genuine concern for the guy's welfare. He's a hard man especially for his size, never takes a backward step and gets seven bells knocked out of him sometimes and I thought it was bad enough when he went off the first time on Monday but the 2nd incident seemed even worse so I would rather have him looked after than risk the likes of Simms and co using him as a punchbag on Friday
I totally agree with you OJ. IMO he should have been rested v Hull KR and what has happened to I will rest him for his own good.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:
OJ wrote:

I totally agree with you OJ. IMO he should have been rested v Hull KR and what has happened to I will rest him for his own good.
He's older now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Your right, 2 years from this,
He has played a lot of rugby at a young age and has taken a few bangs. We will be slow and thorough in his development.

"He's a tremendous prospect and has been tipped for the top. We want to help him reach his potential."
Slow and thorough yet still getting his head bashed :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:Your right, 2 years from this,
He has played a lot of rugby at a young age and has taken a few bangs. We will be slow and thorough in his development.

"He's a tremendous prospect and has been tipped for the top. We want to help him reach his potential."
Yep, 2 years ago. Now he's in the prime years of his career.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You think so? If he stays healthy that will be in 2-5 years time IMO. Since 16 Bateman has taken a lot of punishment, he should be looked after.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

got bored with all the sniping on this thread, so my opinion.

No problem with the squad put out on Monday and with playing Wire on Friday and knowing KR were somewhat weakened, fully understand the logic.
Being 10-4 down, we showed that we can fight back and not roll over and ended up with a convincing score line
Main thing is we won both Easter games, Leeds lost both Easter games and Wire lost one so all in all the other results went our way.
Now debating what would i enjoy more? Wigan winning the league or Leeds not making the super 8s :lol: :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

FROM A TO B wrote:got bored with all the sniping on this thread, so my opinion.

No problem with the squad put out on Monday and with playing Wire on Friday and knowing KR were somewhat weakened, fully understand the logic.
Being 10-4 down, we showed that we can fight back and not roll over and ended up with a convincing score line
Main thing is we won both Easter games, Leeds lost both Easter games and Wire lost one so all in all the other results went our way.
Now debating what would i enjoy more? Wigan winning the league or Leeds not making the super 8s :lol: :lol:
Another irrational poster, how dare you be and not agree with the Guru!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Your right, 2 years from this,

Yep, 2 years ago. Now he's in the prime years of his career.
Exactly Mike, he was rested at times last season and then this season after 9 games he gets a head injury and isn't involved Friday, common sense to me and well done Wigan medical team!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett