Charnley & Sarginson to leave

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Charnley & Sarginson to leave

Post by cpwigan »

Knows nowt wrote:As stated by sale josh not gone for mega money ,think Davo knows a lot more than he's letting on bang on fella.As for cp well Iam sure Charnley has run over your dog at some point.
:roll: :eusa8:
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

pieaterinLeigh wrote:We can choose to be be " offended" but I think Diamond's comments highlight the current concern in RU that players don't always make the transition from one code to another that easily and were intended to deal with his own fans concerns.

He also directly mentions Sam Burgess being treated badly, which is obvious to us but the Home Counties Rugby Union fan swallows anything that the English RU put out so maybe we will see fewer players targeted by RU now if that is the mentality?

I'm sad to see Josh go but I can't see how anyone can blame him, he was the top try scorer in SL, still on a junior contract and looking for odd jobs to supplement his wage, so if anyone should take responsibility for instilling a money driven attitude in the lad it's the club.

The fact that Paul Deakin is now on the coaching staff at Sale hasn't been mentioned as a factor in this move either, he's seen Josh day to day in his time at Wigan and has now had time to compare him to the players already at Sale while he's been coaching there. I wouldn't underestimate his impact on attracting Josh and promoting Josh to Sale either!
**Great post. I agree with it all.

** Fixed your reply, you'd posted inside your quote - Josie :)
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Wintergreen wrote:
WiganWoman1968 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If he isn't good enough for Union, don't worry, he will still be a top class RL player!! :angry:
I know. Cheek!
I don't think he's being cheeky.

Tbh it sounded like that's what was said in the negotiations....and it's true.

Josh is only 24 and if he failed, came back at 26/27 then he would still have some years ahead of him.

I actually think his skill set is made for RU and can see him knocking on the England door. Eddie Jones is well aware of the talent of RL players and if/how they can transition.

Good luck to him imo.
The kicking game quote was interesting for me.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:DaveO

Very simple

If Budgie, Manfredi and Charnley were still here who gets dropped and who would you drop?

I know my answer is Charnley for both.
Key word you use is "IF"

Trouble is, is that Budgie is not at Wigan and after this season neither will Charnley so your point becomes irrelevant.

What you should be asking is who do we play on the wing assuming Wigan have no intention of recruiting from outside?

A return of Budgie would be ideal BUT would that seriously happen just because we have lost another threequarter?

Is Justin Carney the answer or Tom Johnstone, as you suggest, be a better option?

We all ready have "Eclipse" hinting the Brisbane Bronco's are interested in Jack Higginson (yet to make his debut) so yet again this further undermines the club's longer term options and selections if he does leave.

Sarginson going bothers me not one jot BUT the lack of depth and constant year on year chopping and changing of the side undermines any ability for the coach or club to attempt any consistent and cup winning side

Have all ready pointed out that the club's apparent unwillingness to spend to the cap limit in an attempt to retain players, could see the likes of Gildart and Manfredi go in say another season or two.

There is nothing in recent past history. as far as player contract negotiations are concerned, to suggest the club will make any genuine effort to retain these players but simply shrug and claim they had "better offers" and hope they fail and want to return "tail between their legs" as soon as
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Many will find it laugherble that some supporters are now saying that they are sorry to see Charnley and Sarginson leaving, when for weeks on here, the same two players have been called rotten as not being good enough.

Talk about being two faced!
Nothing two faced about my comments. I rate Josh so defended him from the outset (criticising Wane's handling of him to boot) and I don't rate Sarge and have never seen what other see in him.

If anything is two faced it's been the leeway given to Sarge with all the excuses made for him whereas the knives were out for Josh as soon as he dared question the mighty Wane!
Dave O, I was not having a go at you, as you do make it clear on where you stand with different players.