Re: Liam Farrell: Charged with Grade B

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What annoys me is that every match, a number of our players are cited for foul offences against opposing players, but very few are cited for foul offences on our players.

In the game against Leeds, Charnley was turned upside down by Leeds players and could have landed on his neck, but no action was taken.

The disciplinary system like the Refereeing is too inconsistent, but I suspect the reason for it is simply the fact that there is never the same people making the decisions as they are on a rota system.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Lucky it wasn't a red card. Brain fart of the highest order.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

cpwigan wrote:Joke
Ditto. No need for slow mo. Distorts ie exaggerates the action Time to get rid of video ref. Judge in real time Let on field Ref decision stand(warts an all)
markill

Post by markill »

It was foul play. But it's very much unusual for the same action to be given as an 8 point try. It should be given more than it is probably.

But charging him for something no one else is ever charged with is rubbish. He's been punished by the 8 point try.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Been given two games! Taken an EGP, will miss Sunday's Wakefield game :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

SJ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Joke
Ditto. No need for slow mo. Distorts ie exaggerates the action Time to get rid of video ref. Judge in real time Let on field Ref decision stand(warts an all)
I saw it in real time. It was late and intentional, no doubt. If it had been against us we'd have been livid.

My only complaint about the 8 point try was that it was *so* late that I didn't think it should be a foul "in the act of scoring". It was after the try was scored therefore can't be a penalty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
jao711

Faz

Post by jao711 »

I see Faz is.taking some flak on the Warri and Rhino boards.Could this be the same people who worshipped Les Boyd,and latterly Westwood.Selective memories.As for the Rhinos fans,well it takes their mind off other things.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was deliberate IMO but retaliation for Menfredi being attacked by two Wire players as he score. Later, on his hat trick try, Manfredi was left nursing his head after being attacked on the head; which is worse? :wink: I then watched all the try from the very day on the SL Show and there were several players guilty of going with their legs/feet at try scorers. Not a problem with punishing Faz but you then have to do likewise YET oddly the RL immediately fails to. So it is indeed a joke.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:It was deliberate IMO but retaliation for Menfredi being attacked by two Wire players as he score. Later, on his hat trick try, Manfredi was left nursing his head after being attacked on the head; which is worse? :wink: I then watched all the try from the very day on the SL Show and there were several players guilty of going with their legs/feet at try scorers. Not a problem with punishing Faz but you then have to do likewise YET oddly the RL immediately fails to. So it is indeed a joke.
I haven't seen those yet. But, honestly, were they as late as Farrell's? He started his dive after the ball was down.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆