Match Official Crisis

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OAMJSONA

Re: Match Official Crisis

Post by OAMJSONA »

get rid of the video replay and make the officials make the decisions weather they be right, wrong or indifferent
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

OAMJSON wrote:get rid of the video replay and make the officials make the decisions weather they be right, wrong or indifferent
Or give an NFL rule variation.

1 challenge per half on a decision. Get it wrong lose a substitution. NFL they lose a time out.

And it could be for anything not just tries even for punches thrown in the 1st minute of A GF as in 2013 which went un punished at the time.
SJ

Post by SJ »

OAMJSON wrote:get rid of the video replay and make the officials make the decisions weather they be right, wrong or indifferent
Totally agree
markill

Post by markill »

I thought this was going to be a thread about the lack of match officials and the fact that we've lost so many in the last 12 months, for a range of reasons. Should've known better.

We didn't lose on Friday because of the officials. We lost because of our poor discipline, poor tackling and poor end to sets.

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread about the lack of match officials and the fact that we've lost so many in the last 12 months, for a range of reasons. Should've known better.

We didn't lose on Friday because of the officials. We lost because of our poor discipline, poor tackling and poor end to sets.
Irrelevant of the result, how did you think Hicks performed?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've not seen too much change in referee performance over the last 20 or so years. Its a tough job and they are always the "worst refs we've ever had" until they retire and then some of them were even quite good it turns out.

My only gripe is consistency. I believe its something that can be improved in a full time system but I can't see that it has improved.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
markill

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread about the lack of match officials and the fact that we've lost so many in the last 12 months, for a range of reasons. Should've known better.

I think he was OK. I didn't put myself through watching the game back but I didn't think the big calls were wrong at the time, even though I wasn't happy about them as a Wigan fan.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IMO officiating has gone backwards under Ganson.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

I think he was OK. I didn't put myself through watching the game back but I didn't think the big calls were wrong at the time, even though I wasn't happy about them as a Wigan fan.
Watch it back then let me know what you think!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Watch it back then let me know what you think!
I can't do it to myself! Especially only for the sake of finding fault in match officials.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE