Crosby and Flower Return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Crosby and Flower Return

Post by josie andrews »

Flower and Crosby return to Wigan squad for Castleford fixture

Prop forward duo replace Jack Wells and Dom Mandredi

Bateman passed fit to play but Farrell out injured

Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for the home First Utility Super League clash with Castleford Tigers.

Wigan are booster by the return of prop forward duo Dom Crosby and Ben Flower. Flower is back in contention earlier than expected after picking up a hamstring injury against St Helens on Good Friday, whilst Crosby will make his first appearance of the year if selected after an off-season hip operation.

Speaking to the media this week, Shaun Wane confirmed

“Dom’s had some work done on his hip. His recovery took a bit longer than we expected but he’s eager to get out there and help the team out. He trained well this week”

Dom Manfredi, who missed the Wakefield game with a toe injury, drops out along with youngster Jack Wells, and despite completing his suspension Liam Farrell is unavailable due to a rib injury.

John Bateman, who was included in last week’s squad but did not feature in the game, looks set to be available after being cleared of illness.

Youngsters Gregson, Higginson and Bretherton all retain their places in the 19.

On the virus which affected his squad, Wane added;

“I’ve never known a week like it. There’s a few that are still not great but I’ll give them until the warm-up on Friday.”

Wigan Warriors 19-man-squad

John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Tony Clubb, Dom Crosby, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Nick Gregson, Jack Higginson, Willie Isa, Lee Mossop, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, Joel Tomkins.

Tickets for this game are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline – 0871 6633 552 and online HERE.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... DulwSSk.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Crosby and Flower Return

Post by endoman »

Indicative of the level of excitement provided at the moment that we have no comments re the possible team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

One would suggest the virus must not have been a virus as everybody is apparently fit to play. Man Flu v Wakey :wink:

Willie Isa, Taulima Tautai and Lewis Tierney all looked unfit / unwell v Wakey. Better to rest them? Mossop? better off selling hot dogs in a kiosk?

SO APPARENTLY Everybody is now fit and healthy with days (thought we would not even name a squad until the last minutes) - Do we write off the next few weeks as Rads suggested or will our Man Flu XVII be worth watching.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I expect little enjoyment Friday.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

I think they've decided that not fully fit senior players is better than junior players CP. They've made it pretty clear that a few of these guys aren't fully recovered from the virus.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

markill wrote:I think they've decided that not fully fit senior players is better than junior players CP. They've made it pretty clear that a few of these guys aren't fully recovered from the virus.
Yet they are all still named even so early in the week and fit youngsters ignored. I have just watched an 18 year old kid play world class at football. At this moment he is better to play than Wayne Rooney until Rooney is fully fit etc.

Did we really have a virus? If we did why are the players with a virus not being rested? Why risk spreading the virus?

Not everything is obviously okay I am looking forward to a 62-0 victory over Cas.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Wigan are disintegrating under Wane.
mp
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

CP, you've been hinting for some time that you don't think there is a virus at Wigan.

What is happening at the club if its not a virus? Do you think they are covering up something?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What worries me is the lack of depth amongst our backs. A couple of injuries and we are screwed!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:CP, you've been hinting for some time that you don't think there is a virus at Wigan.

What is happening at the club if its not a virus? Do you think they are covering up something?
Nothing like a bit of cross talk by friends to create a debate!