Why is it........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Why is it........

Post by cpwigan »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:And the interesting thing is that there is probably a lot of common ground in discussions on the areas we can improve as a club, but questioning the staff and coaches' integrity and honesty is low. These people work very hard, and the players put their bodies on the line for this club every time they pull on their boots.
As for those who have gone off the game itself, that's a shame as it is still the greatest game of all for me. I have an 8 year old who is beginning to catch the bug and it is a wonderful thing to experience vicariously how lucky we are to follow Wigan rugby. To sit with him transfixed at the HKR game brought a tear to the eye.
Exiled the more you learn / know; sadly integrity and honesty are not what I would associated with RL in Britain, the opposite. Young juniors is where you see pure joyful innocence of sport. Beyond that? Did it ever exist I cannot say but in recent decades I can say it never has ANYWHERE in RL in Britain.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

The Salary Cap is killing the game. It was obvious that it would and it will continue to do so.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The site always does better for advertising income when we lose. Really there's not a lot to say when we win. Usually everything is going well and a few people have already said that so why post.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think having watched Wigan from the very early 80s I expect too much and have been spoiled with world class players.
When you have watched the likes of Hanley,Ella,Kenny,bell,Gregory,Edwards etc ,it is so easy to criticise current players.
I suppose criticising players is wearing your heart on your sleeve.
I can't stand fans that think all their own players are great and only criticise opposition players.
There is certainly a lot of improvement needed in the current SL.
The NRL is pulling further away from us IMO
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Premium

Post by Premium »

AdamMac wrote:I'm not a frequent poster at the best of times, but its a fair comment and one that's reflective of most forums, in any sport.

People love to whinge and moan and abuse sometimes, its mostly online though as you can be as 'brave' as you want behind a screen.

I'll be honest, I was very close to not going last night, not really sure why. Yes I was at wakey last week and yes I was upset like the rest of us, but I don't think that was the reason for me contemplating not going to the game. I'm a season ticket holder and have been every season for the last decade and frequently went for the decade before that. I've seen us dish up some shocking displays and its not stopped me from turning up and supporting every week but I now feel that the lack of 'stars'not only in our team but the league is the major problem. Our structure doesn't help either, it just doesn't excite, especially when we've got average players in those key pivots.
Great posting
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I could not go last night, hence no comments from me on the Cas game.

As to the week before a welcome win v Cas won't convince me the club didn't get it wrong by playing the team it did and if they were the only players it had available, not doing more to seek a postponement.

The performance and the result were proof enough of the folly of taking the field with a team in that state and for that the buck stops at the top. Maybe with hindsight they might realise it was nuts as well.

If that opinion upsets the O/P I have no idea why it would.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:I could not go last night, hence no comments from me on the Cas game.

As to the week before a welcome win v Cas won't convince me the club didn't get it wrong by playing the team it did and if they were the only players it had available, not doing more to seek a postponement.

The performance and the result were proof enough of the folly of taking the field with a team in that state and for that the buck stops at the top. Maybe with hindsight they might realise it was nuts as well.

If that opinion upsets the O/P I have no idea why it would.
Doesn't upset me at all Dave, it was just an observation & a wonder why?

Did Rads say they had approached the RFL last week re postponement or have I misheard the context of his quote?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No they never asked for a postponement Josie. Rads informed the RFL re the cap as anybody not in the 25 has to be authorised by the RFL as effectively you are breaching the cap.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:No they never asked for a postponement Josie. Rads informed the RFL re the cap as anybody not in the 25 has to be authorised by the RFL as effectively you are breaching the cap.
Thank you for clearing that up :) I wasn't sure what I'd heard & may have got a couple of comments mixed up! :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote: Doesn't upset me at all Dave, it was just an observation & a wonder why?

Did Rads say they had approached the RFL last week re postponement or have I misheard the context of his quote?
Well Josie I thought the standard of the game was awful.Lots of honest endeavour of course but a match so lacking in any quality and two teams devoid of attacking nous it was frightening

The atmosphere was so flat because of it.

Happy that we won of course I am, but giving excuses post match is a pathetic attempt at justifying what went on during a game. The club should be honest and cut this ridiculous refusal to inform fan. Half the effort on show on Friday and we would never have discussed a 62-0 thrashing would we?

All ready we have utter rubbish from the likes of "super-fans" WW stating that nobody else goes to matches only him as he doesn't complain :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!