Centre of Attention

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Centre of Attention

Post by lucky 13 »

Always liked Gells, it's heart in mouth and head in hands stuff at times but he's entertaining and a character which the game needs. The fact is he's also got size and a bit of x factor with ball in hand, I can only see him getting better.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:And exactly how many days ago was it that the coach said that SOL and Dom would likely be back?

I'll believe that players are playing only when they take the field for the kick-off - especially when they're 'training the house down.'

Be better if all interviews ceased between matches (and probably after them.)
Likely doesn't mean definitely, I don't see the issue! If you want them to come back a game early and end up making their injuries worse then so be it!!
I don't want them to come back too early. I'd quite like SW to say nothing at all really.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Southern Softy wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:And exactly how many days ago was it that the coach said that SOL and Dom would likely be back?

I'll believe that players are playing only when they take the field for the kick-off - especially when they're 'training the house down.'

Be better if all interviews ceased between matches (and probably after them.)
Likely doesn't mean definitely, I don't see the issue! If you want them to come back a game early and end up making their injuries worse then so be it!!
I don't want them to come back too early. I'd quite like SW to say nothing at all really.
....but yet other fans say that the club doesn't say enough to our supporters about our injury situation!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I'm not necessarily in the "anti Gells" camp, but frankly if he's the "best centre in superleague", then that says more about it's decline than anything else.

Let's be honest he would get nowhere near a NRL team.
TrueBlueWarrior

Wintergreen wrote:I'm not necessarily in the "anti Gells" camp, but frankly if he's the "best centre in superleague", then that says more about it's decline than anything else.

How many players in SL would get near an NRL team, arguably the best winger in SL last season can't get a game in the NRL!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:I'm not necessarily in the "anti Gells" camp, but frankly if he's the "best centre in superleague", then that says more about it's decline than anything else.

How many players in SL would get near an NRL team, arguably the best winger in SL last season can't get a game in the NRL!
Difficult to judge really TBW. How many of us rated Josh Hodgson & Mike Cooper? Not many and Hodgson is a Daly M contender and Mike Cooper has done fantastic at St George.
TrueBlueWarrior

AdamMac wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Difficult to judge really TBW. How many of us rated Josh Hodgson & Mike Cooper? Not many and Hodgson is a Daly M contender and Mike Cooper has done fantastic at St George.
Exactly my point, it is hard to say, some step up and others plunder, so it's unfair to say Gells wouldn't get anywhere near an NRL team.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Indeed.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Exactly my point, it is hard to say, some step up and others plunder, so it's unfair to say Gells wouldn't get anywhere near an NRL team.
No it's not. It is just being objective and having an informed opinion. Just like you would assess Smith's chances of getting a gig in the NRL as next to none even though he plays scrum half for England based upon what you see from him and what is required in the NRL, then you can do the same with any player including Gelling.

It just doesn't follow that because some unfashionable players have gone from SL to the NRL and done well that Gelling or any other player would. Those players don't show it is a matter of "anythings possible" either.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Quite.