Lindsay insists Newtons is staying...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sedbergh

Re: Lindsay insists Newtons is...

Post by sedbergh »

robjoenz posted:
In League Express today, Maurice Lindsay quoted as saying...

"Terry Newton is on the Wigan books, and his contract will be renegotiated next season..."

We can infer from this that the contract he speaks about REnegotiating is a Wigan one.

Well, if Maurice says he's staying then he must be on his way to Bradford. The reporter from the Yorkshire Post on yesterday's Super League show said that Terry had already signed for Bradford. Micky Higham has also agreed terms with Bradford according to League Express
thegimble

Re: Lindsay insists Newton...

Post by thegimble »

Doug Stand posted:
thegimble posted:
If Fat Boy is fit hes better than Newton.
Probably agree with you there... does have the slight edge.. but only just. The rest... Higham and the bloke from Leeds would the next best thing... but thge large and Netwon are a good bit ahead of the rest.

People seemef to be getting exited about Godwin... but I just don't see it yet. He's OK... but only OK... I'd much rather Newton, despite his lack od sense at times.
What i would question if Newton is going then who are we getting. Higham is a bench impact player and Godwin is good but still not good enough over a season.

Something is going on here if the rumor is true about the Bulls deal. Does anyone know of a hooker in the NRL who would not come on the Kolpak ruling.

There is something going on then again it might just be the rumors getting to me.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

For what it's worth I've been told that Higham has been told he is 3rd choice now at Saints behind KFC and Roby - not exactly the pedigree I would have thought we needed for our starting hooker.

As Fraggle says, however, all theses rumours need taking with a pinch of salt (or slightly more, accoring to GeoffN). For example, I was told soon after Millward joined that Roby would definitely be coming to Wigan. I was also told that Halliwell was coming from Leigh.

Again, as Fraggle says, I've decided to believe nothing until it happens.
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i posted something after the leeds game, the press in the west stand seemed convinced that newton had signed a 4 year deal wth the bulls for next season, i posted it under the title "i hope this isnt true" and i still hope it isnt, i would prefer terry playing for wigan than anyone else
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!