Re: Heart.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Felt sorry for Bateman tonight because bar Clubb nobody can say they stepped up tonight.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Bateman was let down tonight!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

One of the worst Wigan teams I've seen since on the 2005/2006 team that nearly got relegated and a worse coach imo
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There is a real danger this side will go the same way as in 2006.

Back then they had lost it not so much in the heart but the head. No belief, no confidence and no idea what to do on the pitch.

Good players lost it never mind poor and inexperienced ones.

That was turned around by the injection of two players unaffected by the malaise and a new coach.

Unless those returning can lift the team in a similar way we will be in trouble.

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I've never found myself staring into space at a game but I did tonight. Humiliating is the only word I can find to describe that display tonight.

Being mocked and laughed at by Wire fans is an all time low.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
menpond

Post by menpond »

The club worked hard in pre season to try and work out how to become a winning side,something Wane has not been up to .the mentality was and is and right. Wanes chronic promplem is he does not know a good player from a ordinary one. The massive amount of salary cap not playing tonight gives hope on their returning,but the total squad is all over the place. Too old ,too small, too many faces,too many insiders,too overpaid, too many underpaid outsiders. Some Players who slotted into Mcguires team looked far better than they were at the time,helped by the new fitness levels McGuire introduced,but since then its been downhill all the way. That's against general lowering standards as LEEDS decline was not accelerated by Wigan and Saints .Culture of cronyism and decay is now firmly entrenched,and needs rooting out. Wane is clueless.What is a Gaffer by the way?
mp
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

WOW reading all this is going to turn me into a manic depressive............

Wigan whilst not playing well are looking good to be in the Super Eights we where beaten tonight by a team setting the bench mark in super league and showed it. Lets still support the players who pull the shirt on and the coach and see where we end up at the end of the season. Whilst it is not idea to play so many youngsters lets not forget its a massive difference playing from U19 to 1st team the speed of the game is quicker and the impacts on the body are harder too.

I dnt think for one second Wane would want the kids to be playing so many games so early but with the injuries we have he has little choice.

Cmon Wigan still plenty games to go and loads of players to come back you can do it .........
menpond

Post by menpond »

Fair enough,but this cannot go on much beyond this year without some signs of enlightment.
mp
jao711

Post by jao711 »

God wrote:Apart from Bateman and Clubb to tonight the team had no heart, rolled over with a yellow stripe down there backs. I'm looking at the young lads and I'm thinking they really don't want it.

I'm looking at players and they simply wilted and hid. Absolutely gutless, at least give them the biff ffs, the heads went down and the Warrington fans mocked them, that has to hurt if not fire them up.

The attack is sorrowful it truely is, there is no replacement for Deacon or Harris and we can see the result first hand.

This is a team on a massive decline before our very eyes, a team bereffed of any tactical nouse even with the players available it isn't quick enough, too static, no control. But it's the heart of it that is the question, no heart at all and then to top it off mocked.
Shocking.
And you are qualified to make that accusation are you?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jao711 wrote:
God wrote:Apart from Bateman and Clubb to tonight the team had no heart, rolled over with a yellow stripe down there backs. I'm looking at the young lads and I'm thinking they really don't want it.

I'm looking at players and they simply wilted and hid. Absolutely gutless, at least give them the biff ffs, the heads went down and the Warrington fans mocked them, that has to hurt if not fire them up.

The attack is sorrowful it truely is, there is no replacement for Deacon or Harris and we can see the result first hand.

This is a team on a massive decline before our very eyes, a team bereffed of any tactical nouse even with the players available it isn't quick enough, too static, no control. But it's the heart of it that is the question, no heart at all and then to top it off mocked.
Shocking.
And you are qualified to make that accusation are you?
It seems a pretty accurate representation to me. Only Bateman and Clubb emerged with any credit. Our attack has been poor all season (and was last year also) and that was as bad as it gets and they gave up the ghost.

What exactly is wrong with what he posted?