Re: Heart.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Something I forgot to mention.Two weeks ago with the playing staff in a terrible state ,they managed a solid win against a Castleford side who played well.that was full of heart,and guts. Incidentally would you make the same accusations about the Warrington side who were nilled by bottom side Huddersfield.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Mike wrote:IMO the club under Wane does not lack a work ethic and all the players really try very hard. I felt against Wire last time it was their effort that kept us in the game.

However, effort is not enough alone. You can't keep substituting kids for seniors and expect if they try hard we will win. We lack quality at the moment. I hope we regain some players from injury shortly which will make a difference, but IMO the balance of the squad is poor. Too many project players, not enough skill and pace, lots of favouritism and of course too many second rowers.

I don't blame Wane for the current results because the squad on paper is just not good enough to beat an almost full strength Warrington. Effort will be enough against 50% of the SL so we'll probably get through the next month with around a 50% record.

But I do blame Wane for the balance of the squad and will withhold my judgment on how well this team can play until we get some players back and see what we look like in the run in to the playoffs. I'd rather have Widnes's golden run at the end of the year rather than the begining (I'd rather have that run the whole season, but its unrealistic this year because of all those injuries).
Bob on. What happens if Sam T comes back and we don't get what we all want? That's a lot of money to pay out for just PR.