Injury Update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Re: Injury Update

Post by AdamMac »

Just an accurate descpription of their injury and forecast of when they're back will do. Its not hard.

All we got on Manfredi's injury was its a toe injury, nothing else, its been mentioned that he's got a chance of coming back for the last 3 weeks!!!

A poster on here said he had pretty serious ligament damage and that was the reason he missed the Wakey game (he was named in the 19 too), he clearly had no chance of making the wakey game and neither did he for the next month, but wigan chose to LIE.

It's annoying and there's not need for it.

there's many more examples of this, but its getting beyond tedious so I'll leave it.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Stuwigan wrote:Wane bashers out again in force... Maybe we could ask for all the medical records of all the injured players and there recovery rates so the fans will be able to plan whether to believe the club or not with injuries. Also get detailed info on the rehab and how they are progressing but I think even this would not please some
I am really easily pleased. I expect the club to be open and honest when it comes to players' prospects of playing. Instead, what we get are "encouraging" updates only to be let down nearer the time, or when the team comes out. If the position is dire, we deserve to know (and arguably, to know why), as that affects our planning and aspirations. I don't mind supporting a decimated team every week, as long as I am not lead up the garden path of false hope and excuses, and I understand why we are so beset with injuries.
Even an update among the lines of - life is uncertain and we are doing what we can, but rather than announce players will be fit when they won't be, we won't say anything further.
As they prepare us for Sam's continued delayed appearance (they say May, but which year?), how many may have already bought tickets for FC on the expectation that he will come back?
As for, he may come back but he'll be rubbish for months, well, in most walks of life the boss that got a business in that position with its prime asset in most walks of life would be looking for new work pdq.
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Let's be honest about this the club really don't have to tell us anything in regards to injuries so why people keep going on about the any lack of information is beyond me. It's not as though they run the club or pay the players or medical staff is it...
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

But Lee Mossop, Ben Flower and Taulima Tautai remain doubts

Nice one - 2 out of 3. Mossop and Tautai in the squad for Sunday.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Having seen the 19. IF that is how it turns out, I will put myself back in my box. Of course, we have been here before. Amy team with O'Loughlin and Bateman in the pack and Gelling and Manfredi in the backs will be competitive.
Please god, let our boys be fit and come through unscathed...
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Stuwigan wrote:Let's be honest about this the club really don't have to tell us anything in regards to injuries so why people keep going on about the any lack of information is beyond me. It's not as though they run the club or pay the players or medical staff is it...
No. But this is 2016. IL runs the club as a business to make money. He will make more money if he keeps the fans happy so they will spend more money. Ordinary people respond to honesty.
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

What has 2016 got to do with it ? Oh yes it's the digital age where we want to know everything everyone does just like Facebook ..... So your thinking then every company should tell everyone what there staff are doing or what they are off ill with ?

It's upto the club what they tell us whilst I agree somethings they could do better when communicating with the fans it's hardly written in the contract you must tell the fans everything the club does.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:
Stuwigan wrote:Let's be honest about this the club really don't have to tell us anything in regards to injuries so why people keep going on about the any lack of information is beyond me. It's not as though they run the club or pay the players or medical staff is it...
No. But this is 2016. IL runs the club as a business to make money. He will make more money if he keeps the fans happy so they will spend more money. Ordinary people respond to honesty.
My guess would be he runs the club as a business to be successful. Subtle difference.Successfull club means fans will spend more money.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Fujiman wrote:
WiganWoman1968 wrote:
My guess would be he runs the club as a business to be successful. Subtle difference.Successfull club means fans will spend more money.
Sorry Stu. My point was not that he has to tell us everything. Of course he doesn't. But people were asking for honesty. I will be as happy as Larry and Larry's entire family if Sam T plays next week. But.... And I get the keeping stuff up your sleeve for the match....
Stuwigan

Post by Stuwigan »

Wigan I am aware Sam has said he was due back in May early on in the rehab period so fingers crossed the Hull match will be his 1st game back,I also think if he does not score , create six try's and have a man of the match performance some on here and RFLfans will be slagging him off straight away saying he's a waste of money should not if come back etc etc etc

In regards to running a business do you want Wigan to go bust and spend money we dnt have ?? You said it IL is running a business and it happens to be a rugby team and just like a football club you can't please everyone all of the time.

So an open question if any of you who post on here think they can do a better job as coach / chairman of Wigan Warriors what aren't you in the job then ?