Newton out until Easter?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
willie c

Re: Newton out until Easte...

Post by willie c »

Doveoverdave posted:
willie c posted:
Doveoverdave posted: Absolutely right Mike.

He is out for the season and the Tri-Nations further limiting GB options.

Newton is up on two seperate charges of striking. One resulting in a fractured eye socket and the other having the player stertchered off missing the rest of the game and also out of this weekend's action.

He's in for the high jump IMO.
and what ever ban he gets tonight i dont think there will be to many people complaining long looked in a bad way i didnt think it was bad looking from the east stand but when i watched it on video it was
No complaint from me I predicted just this!

But keep reading there are many people on here who belive that Gilmour was acting and Long deserved it!
how can anyone say that a player deserves to have half his face smashed in i dont care who they play
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Not sure that the tackle on Gilmour was as bad as Sky made out since he was behind Gilmour when he kay-lied him but that tackle on Long, which looks like it will hand the no 7 GB jersey to Burrows for the tri nations, looked a vicious premeditated attack which will bring a deserved heavy ban.
I'd be totally surprised if the RFL dished out ban of more than four matches. They never do.

Dave

DaveO, you should listen to a man who (nearly) knows, Round 10 next year will be Easter Monday so with the match next week Newton will be available for that after 9 matches resting his hip next season. Not a bad estimate of his likely ban even if I say so myself
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
DaveO posted:

I'd be totally surprised if the RFL dished out ban of more than four matches. They never do.

Dave
Not a bad estimate of his likely ban even if I say so myself
Where was your estimate? :wink: "Heavy ban" in RL terms tends to be 4 or 5 games! You didn't give a figure :wink:

Seriously given Mcdermott got off with a fine for an almost identical tackle I think the three matches Newton got for Gilmpur was a joke. Either theyboth get 3 or both just get a fine.

At the end of the day whatever the rigths and wrongs of the length of the ban, banned he is and so we start next season with a key player missing for 1/3 of it yet again.

This time it is down to his own stupidity.

Dave