Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Gelling

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
As to Gelling, he'd have tried to win that single handed and would just as likely of made a pigs ear out of it. You can't rely on players like him to turn around a team playing like that.
Whereas we can of course rely on your crystal ball to tell us how someone would have fared had he played!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Taylor was class early on for us and look like the cat who got the cream when he won the CC for us v Hull of all teams.
He was indeed but it's hardly our fault that his testicles are kept locked up in his girlfriend's handbag!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
As to Gelling, he'd have tried to win that single handed and would just as likely of made a pigs ear out of it. You can't rely on players like him to turn around a team playing like that.
Whereas we can of course rely on your crystal ball to tell us how someone would have fared had he played!
It's called having an opinion and while you might not believe it, or probably more to the point not like it, it is one based on watching how Gelling plays when the team has its backs up against the wall when the wheels have come off. He tries too hard and tries to take the entire opposition on single handed. He is not a team player and his team mates admit they don't know what he is going to do half the time.

Now granted at the moment we don't have much of team at all with our chance of scoring relying on luck or individual skill, which can work against poorer sides, I very much doubt he'd have made a great deal of difference at all tonight.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Taylor was class early on for us and look like the cat who got the cream when he won the CC for us v Hull of all teams.
He was indeed but it's hardly our fault that his testicles are kept locked up in his girlfriend's handbag!
Is that a fact? I was interested to know what went on.
Perhaps some of ours should have their's locked up then? Do they have to be removed first?
I wonder if Josie has any spare hand bags?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

was just going to post something similar WW , put out a 'missing testicle 'appeal for the DW and surrounding area :o
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
It's called having an opinion and while you might not believe it, or probably more to the point not like it, it is one based on watching how Gelling plays when the team has its backs up against the wall when the wheels have come off. He tries too hard and tries to take the entire opposition on single handed. He is not a team player and his team mates admit they don't know what he is going to do half the time.

Now granted at the moment we don't have much of team at all with our chance of scoring relying on luck or individual skill, which can work against poorer sides, I very much doubt he'd have made a great deal of difference at all tonight.
But you've just watched a game where we got tonked and your still obsessed with slagging off a player who hasn't bloody played tonight!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

What's the original post about? Gelling and missing him tonight!!
I said he'd lose it first and Dave agreed. So what's the problem?
He has one decent game in four and tonight would more than likely have been in that 75%, if only by law of average.
At 25 year old I'd be expecting him to be ripping new rsoles on a regular basis, the fact is he doesn't!
Now because he's a bit of an eccentric doesn't mean everybody takes him to their hearts?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Lee481

Post by Lee481 »

I'm hearing torn pectoral? Hope not, that's a long stint out.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Lee481 wrote:I'm hearing torn pectoral? Hope not, that's a long stint out.
If that is right, and I am not disputing it, when did it happen?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.
We lost the game first half when our forwards got battered, I'd love to know what really went on with Scott Taylor, he's head and shoulders above out we've got this year.
Leeds next week and by the law of averages they're due a win.
Wandering Warrior wrote: One more losing their head tonight would not have made any difference in the slightest. Our luck has finally run out and it showed how interested some of the players were. Lockers was well off tonight and was probably not fit as said previously.
We lost the game first half when our forwards got battered, I'd love to know what really went on with Scott Taylor, he's head and shoulders above out we've got this year.
Leeds next week and by the law of averages they're due a win.

Yet things must have been so bad here we sent him on loan for his final year of his contract. It's nad player management and I am not surprised he looks a better player in a different team.

It used to bne players who left Wigan never looked that good. Now they look better than they did here (he isn't the only one is he!).

Taylor was always gonna go to Hull FC, him & all his family are massive FC supporters.

He became unsettled when FC became interested in him after the CC & his missus claimed homesickness!! He then went on to spit his dummy out & that was the start of him not wanting to play for us anymore. If they don't want to play or to be here get rid IMO :angry:
Correct Josie, we do not want players who use the famous name of Wigan as a shop window to get elsewhere.