Crosby NRL bound

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Crosby NRL bound

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Again?
Didnt know it got mentioned before?
Wasn't he NRL bound 2 years ago then changed his mind?
Roosters?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

I think if nrl clubs sign our youngsters then we should get 1 of there players.
IN WANE WE TRUST
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:I heard this too. Again, not very happy that our club seems so willing to let players leave :(
Perhaps he always supported Penrith as a lad? :roll: :lol:

Seriously Josie, if you are as "in" with the players as you often claim, you should have a very good idea why they are leaving

Someone "at the top" of Wigan Warriors has decided that playing for Wigan should mean more than money, hence why the club offers reduced terms in attempts to keep its players. They either stay or move on and the club is finding most are now moving on.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Was talking not so much about Crosby the other night but the resigning of players in general..is it a good idea or as I feel once a player leaves a club they shouldnt come back as it rarely works out as well second time round.

As for Crosby i thought he still had a year or so on his contract?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I heard this too. Again, not very happy that our club seems so willing to let players leave :(

Seriously Josie, if you are as "in" with the players as you often claim, you should have a very good idea why they are leaving

Someone "at the top" of Wigan Warriors has decided that playing for Wigan should mean more than money, hence why the club offers reduced terms in attempts to keep its players. They either stay or move on and the club is finding most are now moving on.
I have never claimed to be "in" with the players!!

And why should I ask them anything about leaving??

If any one of them tell me something that's up to them but I never ask them anything unless it's about their health/injury/recovery!!

And if they do tell me something, I'm not gonna tell the likes of you.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:
butt monkey wrote:

If any one of them tell me something that's up to them but I never ask them anything unless it's about their health/injury/recovery!!

So why make false accusations as to why Scott Taylor left????

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
butt monkey wrote: Perhaps he always supported Penrith as a lad? :roll: :lol:

For my comment about you being in the "know" or whatever, you often behave like a little girl with your "I know more than you do" on some issues, I seriously do not care that you are unwilling to say anything as that is your prerogative. However.....

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I have never claimed to be "in" with the players!!

For my comment about you being in the "know" or whatever, you often behave like a little girl with your "I know more than you do" on some issues, I seriously do not care that you are unwilling to say anything as that is your prerogative. However.....

When are you going to accept that there is now more money in Union and the NRL than what Wigan and indeed any club here can ever offer.

If they scrapped the Salary Cap tomorrow, our game would still not attract top players from Union or the NRL as apart from being still able to pay higher contracts, they have higher media profiles.

The days of League here ruling the roost ended in 1996 when Union went fully professional and introduced their Premiership and European competitions as well as a expanded International scene.

Get use to it, others have!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
butt monkey wrote:

When are you going to accept that there is now more money in Union and the NRL than what Wigan and indeed any club here can ever offer.

If they scrapped the Salary Cap tomorrow, our game would still not attract top players from Union or the NRL as apart from being still able to pay higher contracts, they have higher media profiles.

The days of League here ruling the roost ended in 1996 when Union went fully professional and introduced their Premiership and European competitions as well as a expanded International scene.

Get use to it, others have!
Scott Taylor went to Hull, not the NRL.

If as BM suggests Wigan offer established players reduced contracts this is an invitation for them to look for another club regardless of where it is.

Your constant reference to there being more money elsewhere is simplistic.

Hudds have just signed 25 year old Sebastine Ikahihifo from St George. Apparently in your world this should be impossible.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

There isn't anything the club do if a player is OOC.
I'm sure they talk to the player and his agent long before expiry of the contract and know the intentions of the player. Burgess, Sarginson, Charnley and maybe Crosby too were/are OOC. If they make it clear they want to move on then there's not a lot the club can do.

Most if not all go to either Union or NRL. When was the last time a Wigan International player or first 17er left the club for another SL club? If that became a stream over a couple of seasons then I'd really be worried.

We have re-signed a lot of first 17 players recently with SamT, Manfredi, Gelling, Gildart, Williams, MM, Flower, Faz and Clubb. I'd imagine all of those will have had a pay rise and will do again on an incremental basis.