Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Hampshire

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:I'm really surprised that nobody is sticking up for him or have all his fans come to realise that his rise to superstar status was only hype?
Who said he was a superstar or was going to be a superstar.
As your so pro-active about Hampshire, what's your answer to all this.
Other fans from here and RLfans, I'd swap him for Denny Solomona guy and a wedge of cash
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I must have been watching a different cup game as from what I saw, Hampshire played quite well and was involved in more than one move leading to Castleford tries!

I would add that Powell must think, like Wane his best position is indeed Full Back seeing that he played a big Forward at Stand Off, but was that a tactical ploy to combat a big Stand Off built like a forward in the Salford team, especially when Hampshire is on the slight size.

If the latter, great thinking on the part of Powell!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree with Whelley.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:I'm really surprised that nobody is sticking up for him or have all his fans come to realise that his rise to superstar status was only hype?
That's a fair comment meds, but does it resolve the issues we have in the halves.
What would you like to see happen at 6 & 7 with Solomona being a replacement for Charnley?, or are you looking at solomona in the half backs?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
That's a fair comment meds, but does it resolve the issues we have in the halves.
What would you like to see happen at 6 & 7 with Solomona being a replacement for Charnley?, or are you looking at solomona in the half backs?
Solomona and Manfredi on wings with Gelling & Gildart inside, Tierney to 1 Sam and Williams in the halfs, Smith to Saints, Moose & Isa to the Championship, bring in 2 big huge props from the NRL one a veteran with plenty of experience like we had with Craig Smith and another around 26, plenty to pick from, how about a couple of these, Luke Burgess, Sam Tagataese, Ben Hannant, Junior Roqica, Tim Mannah, Ben Matulino, Aiden Tolman, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, lets get IL to splash the cash on some quality from down under seeing that theres not that much knocking around Super Deper League at the moment
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Who said he was a superstar or was going to be a superstar.
Solomona and Manfredi on wings with Gelling & Gildart inside, Tierney to 1 Sam and Williams in the halfs, Smith to Saints, Moose & Isa to the Championship, bring in 2 big huge props from the NRL one a veteran with plenty of experience like we had with Craig Smith and another around 26, plenty to pick from, how about a couple of these, Luke Burgess, Sam Tagataese, Ben Hannant, Junior Roqica, Tim Mannah, Ben Matulino, Aiden Tolman, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, lets get IL to splash the cash on some quality from down under seeing that theres not that much knocking around Super Deper League at the moment
Like your idea, easier said than done though sadly.
Can't see many bigger named Aussie's being attracted to SL on the wages the British game can offer.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:I agree with Whelley.
Thanks cpwigan, makes a change from the sarcasiam on other threads.

And perhaps I do know a bit about the game after all!

Have a nice day.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Couldnt and still can't understand the hype that surrounds Hampshire,he is nothing more than potential yet to some people he's the coming man,i just dont see what some people see.

Enlighten me as to why this lad who can't seemingly get a game at Cas now there injurys seem to be coming to an end is going to save Wigan?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

fozzieskem wrote:Couldnt and still can't understand the hype that surrounds Hampshire,he is nothing more than potential yet to some people he's the coming man,i just dont see what some people see.

Enlighten me as to why this lad who can't seemingly get a game at Cas now there injurys seem to be coming to an end is going to save Wigan?
He is getting game time at Castleford but not being over used by Powell in the same way that Patrick was not by Wane at Wigan.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

But he's getting those games as a result of injuries,itll be interesting to see if and where he fits in now Cas's players are slowly starting to come back,clearly not in the halves and how is he going to dislodge Dorn at fullback?

Seems to me the lad has suffered from a case of being totally overhyped by Wigan when really he's done nothing to justify it yet,i really want the lad to succeed but cmon i think some fans really,really need to tone expectations down about him.