Culture change required

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors01

Culture change required

Post by warriors01 »

During the last week watched the first team, u19 and reserves. They all had the same thing in common: void of attacking ideas, 5 charges and a kick,all played at home and they all got hammered. No doubt the club is in freefall. Our reserve team has not won a game all season yet we expect these players to step up into SL. i have watched all the home u19 and reserve matches this season and it is obvious that we dont have 1 player who is ready for the step up. If its IL and KR policy to get by next season with these players then you can expect us doing a Leeds next season. Im already concerned about this season because our next 6 matches are all away from home and if last year is anything to go by we will be lucky to win 1 of them and be in the top 6 at the end of it. Sadly,if this happens IL might just wake up and realise we need the clubs coaching management to change and recruitment.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Culture change required

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The U19s are in transition this season as they have a lot of first years in the squad i.e.17 year olds. Next year they will be a far better team for the experience. I do agree however, that none of them are ready to take the step up to the next level.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I don't know about a culture change being needed but a change in the transfer policy of the club will have to happen or we'll drop like a stone. We're at a point now where if players keep leaving then they will have to be replaced from outside the club. There isn't one player yet to make a superleague debut who is anywhere near ready to star regularly at first team level.

If Sarginson, Charnley and whoever else who leaves are to be replaced from within the club we've got problems.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote:I don't know about a culture change being needed but a change in the transfer policy of the club will have to happen or we'll drop like a stone. We're at a point now where if players keep leaving then they will have to be replaced from outside the club. There isn't one player yet to make a superleague debut who is anywhere near ready to star regularly at first team level.

If Sarginson, Charnley and whoever else who leaves are to be replaced from within the club we've got problems.
I have a nasty feeling,bar the annual prop signing thats whats going to happen,Tierney to the wing and hope Gildart ready to step up full time.