Dr Revolution

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Dr Revolution

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Id go for, We have The bulk of club chairmen who are frightened to rock the boat.

Which goes to show why the game and some clubs will never thrive and and will never push and develop the game commercially.

Call the Doc what you want but he has been willing to put his hand up and go for the RFL and back himself if others dont follow it is because they quite frankly shi* scared.
Things will never change in our sport in the UK if we dont challenge the governing body and adjust the mindset of many club owners.

Many say that the minority is ruling the sport resulting in mediocrity and when people with balls to actually push for change people crawl back under a rock, its pathetic, i would hazard a guess Mr Hetherington would be leading the dont back Marwan campaign.

I think your wrong about them being scared. Imo Salford is a plaything to Koucash and he will walk away when he is bored and with he's money would not bat an eyelid. He as correctly taken the rlf to task but all in the wrong threatning manner for is own personal vendetta the Majority of chairmen are in the game because they love it and don't want to be associated with fighting the establishment for the wrong reasons as they will still be here long after marwan has fled because his money for once has not got him is own way.I would love new blood in the rfl but someone who is going to do the distance whatever out come is. Requires respect for the right reasons not just having the financial clout.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Id go for, We have The bulk of club chairmen who are frightened to rock the boat.

Which goes to show why the game and some clubs will never thrive and and will never push and develop the game commercially.

Call the Doc what you want but he has been willing to put his hand up and go for the RFL and back himself if others dont follow it is because they quite frankly shi* scared.
Things will never change in our sport in the UK if we dont challenge the governing body and adjust the mindset of many club owners.

Many say that the minority is ruling the sport resulting in mediocrity and when people with balls to actually push for change people crawl back under a rock, its pathetic, i would hazard a guess Mr Hetherington would be leading the dont back Marwan campaign.

I think your wrong about them being scared. Imo Salford is a plaything to Koucash and he will walk away when he is bored and with he's money would not bat an eyelid. He as correctly taken the rlf to task but all in the wrong threatning manner for is own personal vendetta the Majority of chairmen are in the game because they love it and don't want to be associated with fighting the establishment for the wrong reasons as they will still be here long after marwan has fled because his money for once has not got him is own way.I would love new blood in the rfl but someone who is going to do the distance whatever out come is. Requires respect for the right reasons not just having the financial clout.
On that, I agree with you as from what I have seen of him so far he is a millionaire who wants all his own way and will go to any length to get it.

Mind you, he is not on his own as we have one in Wigan who is no different in getting his own way, especially with the Council.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
DaveO wrote:
markill wrote:
I'd love a closed shop with strong revenue sharing. It won't happen thought i don't think.
I'd settle for a closed shop. It is the attempt to make P&R work between a pro league (SL) and a semi pro one (championship) that has led to money better spent in the pro game being diluted with this crazy "whole game" approach.

We had it more or less set right with licensing and yet as soon as there were some problems with it, they were used as an excuse to throw it out rather than pointers as to how to fix it.

Widnes are the success story of licensing. Other than them I can't recall one club who was promoted since the mid 1990's making a go of it. Leigh were totally hammered.

Widnes given three seasons of protection from going back down are now an established side.

So what do we do? We chuck that away and are back to hoping if a championship side does ever manage to win the "million pound game" they don't get mullered just like Leigh were and don't find themselves playing in it again the year after.
I agree Daveo but it would be hilarious if we had automatic P&R this season with Leeds where they are. Would the RFL intervene if it happened?
This has crossed my mind also! The way Leeds are playing with so little confidence if the million pound game took place now with them in it, they could very well lose it!

It would be a huge irony if Leeds went down as I believe Hetherington lies behind many bad initiatives in RL. He wanted to reduce the total number of players a club can have (inc juniors) down from 65 to 55 (I think) which was opposed by Wigan and it was him who was the prime mover in doing away with academy sides.

If P&R has any benefit it would be Leeds going down so Hetherington would be out of the way and one less opponent to change in SL.

You can bet somehow the RFL would try and get him a bloody vote anyway!