EU ?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Owd Codger

Re: EU ?

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
medlocke wrote:Hitler used guns, Merkel uses bribes.
Great, we need some money!
We sure will when the system will be paying out more than what will be pay in.

And one of the main targets by Government to save money will be a american type health system where only those on benefits receive free treatment while those who provide the money in the form of tax and insurance to pay for the free treatment will themselves have to pay in a private health insurance scheme for their treatment.

And all because we are allowing our small country to be vastly overpopulated when decent pay jobs are going to go less, more massive gridlock on the roads and according to experts, shortages of food and water in the future.

Do our politicians in London and Brussels care?

No, they are too busy feathering their own nests knowing that they will not be around to see the chaos they are creating for future generations.

It's like having the lunatic's running the asylum!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:

And one of the main targets by Government to save money will be a american type health system where only those on benefits receive free treatment while those who provide the money in the form of tax and insurance to pay for the free treatment will themselves have to pay in a private health insurance scheme for their treatment.

And all because we are allowing our small country to be vastly overpopulated when decent pay jobs are going to go less, more massive gridlock on the roads and according to experts, shortages of food and water in the future.

No, they are too busy feathering their own nests knowing that they will not be around to see the chaos they are creating for future generations.

p.s. But perhaps more call centre's to deal with the increasing number of complaints!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote: It isnt an exhaustive list by any means but these are going to be key subjects for Business and the general public on how it would affect people every day.
Appreciate that studies etc may have not been done due to the uncertain nature of an exit from the EU but surely someone will have done something and have a credible information to back up there findings and is an independent reliable source.
Apparently not. Despite years if not decades of opposition tio the EU no one leading the Brexit case has even ventured to think about what would come next if we left the EU.

"It'll be alright on the night" is about as good as it gets and when "Remain" publishes some data from the treasury, IMF, LSE, IFS and the rest there is no rebuff except "scaremongering".

That is not a way to persuade intelligent people to vote to leave.
As it stands financial information seems to back up an exit as the savings would be astronomical however my concern is that is short term and money saved would need to be spent protecting our selves and i could only see this as an opportunistic way for government to jack up taxes
Where do you get the idea the saving would be astronomical from?

You think managing trade agreements and so on which would have to do outside the EU is free?

The EU budget is 1% of the total Gross National Income (GNI) of the EU as whole. So in theory a country's contribution to this is 1% of its own GNI except for the UK it is lower because we get a rebate. For the UK it is 0.65%. Less than another other EU country as a portion of GNI.

After the rebate and other inflows back from the EU our net contribution averages around £8bn a year. To put that in perspective the government spent £734bn on public spending alone in 2014.

The debate isn't helped by "Vote Leave" basically lying about the figures.

You may have seen their bus saying how much we contribute to the EU is £340m painted down the side saying we could better spend it on the NHS.

Apart from the fact it is disingenuous claptrap to suggest any government would spend any money saved on the NHS alone, that figure comes from assuming a gross contribution of £19.1bn and NO rebate and NO inflows back into the UK.

Now you could argue even with the rebate and inflows it is too much money. I myself would disagree because I think we get good value for our 0.65% contribution despite the EU's flaws but the point is why on earth are "Vote Leave" simply lying about this and misleading people?

These are not speculative figures as to what might happen if we leave but actually what we do in fact pay and they are lying about it.

A while back The Times published an article saying how much we contributed to the EU over the years in total and over inflated it by 29%. Yes, they over egged the figure by TWENTY-NINE PERCENT.

Vote Leave is forever rubbishing figures produced be the Treasury, LSE, IMF, IFS, ONS and God knows who else as "project fear" never coming up with their own alternative costings, but yet they have got a ruddy big red bus with a barefaced lie plastered down the side of it.

If you are interesting in the EU budget and our contribution to it you might read this (it is not that long):

EU budget Fact and Fiction

and this:

Guide to EU budget
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

How can the Brexit big shouters say what will happen? The folk in charge are remains and they to most extent can come out with more accurate BS! If I remember correctly the two main bun fighters, Camoron and Johnson, have both said they are in favour of in and out at various times.
If we vote out will all the EU migrants be going home at the end of June?
As an adage what allegiance does Britain have to Somalia? Can somebody tell me why they are here or am I not allowed to ask?
Have they joined the Commonwealth or did they fight in the war?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:

p.s. But perhaps more call centre's to deal with the increasing number of complaints!
I'm sorry, I skipped the last 20 pages of the thread. Have you changed your mind and are arguing for us to stay in to protect the NHS now?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I'm out.
Never seen a single tee shirt with a label "Made in the EU".
Seen plenty with "Made in China" & "Made in Taiwan"
????????????
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote: Great, we need some money!

I'm sorry, I skipped the last 20 pages of the thread. Have you changed your mind and are arguing for us to stay in to protect the NHS now?
What are you on about?

Any plans by the Government to introduce a private health system similar to what they have in the USA has nothing to do with any membership of the European Union and in case you have not noticed, parts of the NHS have already been move into the private sector and other services are in the pipeline to reach a point where the Government will say to the public that the NHS cannot no longer, due to massive debts which already are 300 million plus, be a free service except for the poorer people on benefits.

Perhaps you are to busy in your important role as a moderator to notice what is going on around you in real life!

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Mike wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: We sure will when the system will be paying out more than what will be pay in.

What are you on about?

Any plans by the Government to introduce a private health system similar to what they have in the USA has nothing to do with any membership of the European Union and in case you have not noticed, parts of the NHS have already been move into the private sector and other services are in the pipeline to reach a point where the Government will say to the public that the NHS cannot no longer, due to massive debts which already are 300 million plus, be a free service except for the poorer people on benefits.

Perhaps you are to busy in your important role as a moderator to notice what is going on around you in real life!

Your right WW I work in the NHS have done for 23 years plus
and worry as to where we will be in the next 5 years but not looking good. Just on another note I like reading your posts because you speak your mind seem to be very knowledgeable and not afraid to be controversial. You do how ever let yourself down with your snidey personal jabs at people spoiling your argument and point.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Just to back up my assertions about the lying that is going on this came out today (27th May):
Both sides are almost as bad as each other though I did find it interesting Vote Leave who argue for the primacy of parliament were slagged off thus:
The report also criticises Vote Leave’s chief executive, Matthew Elliott, and its campaign director, Dominic Cummings, for not being fully cooperative with the committee as it conducted its inquiry, saying their conduct was “appalling” and at odds with Vote Leave’s claim to respect the primacy of parliament.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Project fear will try anything, just more Pro EU propaganda puppetry, the only way this country will survive as a country is out of the Corrupt EU otherwise we end up being nothing more than a state of a modern day Nazi Union, opt out it's the only way :angry: