10 matches for Terry

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sinner_not_a_saint

Re: 10 matches for Terry

Post by sinner_not_a_saint »

MrsLam posted:
He said before the ban was given that it was an accidental collision, I hope they do reduce the sentence.
I was about to congratulate the Warriors' fans good sense about the Newton 'incidents' until I saw Mrs Lam's last comment. I suppose we are all entitled to our opinion.

Mine it was that Newton deliberately used his elbow. I thought so at the time and every replay confirms it.

Nevertheless I think we all agree that there is no room in the game for the type of thuggery we saw on Friday.

Before anybody jumps on me, I do not condone deliberate head shots by any player at any club. That includes Saints, Leeds, even York.

Newton is a good rugby player, but he is a head case who loses control on the field. I hope a long ban will cool him down and make him think again. The same may need to apply to Jon Wilkin, Leon Pryce and others.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

sinner_not_a_sa int posted:
I was about to congratulate the Warriors' fans good sense about the Newton 'incidents' until I saw Mrs Lam's last comment. I suppose we are all entitled to our opinion.
Well since it is a message board yes we are allowed our own opinions. I've not said anywhere that I think he should get off with what he's done, I know he's been stupid so does he and he does deserve a ban but what I don't agree with is people like Anderson saying he deserves longer or a bigger fine in the money department. Justice has been done, he has a ban and it's a very long one and knowing our recent luck it's going to do us some serious damage a long with any injuries we might have at the beginning of the season, he's not getting away with anything.

Also, as I've said before now he's done something stupid for the first time in how long, people are on his case again saying he's a thug and always loses his head. This is the first incident in a long time, yes it's bad but it's been blown way out of proportion, he's got his punishment now, I personally think it's too harsh, half of what he got would have been sufficient and he's appealing like any other player would, and there have been worse tackles that have done more damage and those players have also appealed and got a lesser punishment, why shouldn't Newton do the same?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
sinner_not_a_saint

Post by sinner_not_a_saint »

Fair enough :o
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Just defending me opinion, was expecting a bit of a fight back...

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

MrsLam posted:
sinner_not_a_sa int posted:
Well since it is a message board yes we are allowed our own opinions. I've not said anywhere that I think he should get off with what he's done, I know he's been stupid so does he and he does deserve a ban but what I don't agree with is people like Anderson saying he deserves longer or a bigger fine in the money department. Justice has been done, he has a ban and it's a very long one and knowing our recent luck it's going to do us some serious damage a long with any injuries we might have at the beginning of the season, he's not getting away with anything.

Also, as I've said before now he's done something stupid for the first time in how long, people are on his case again saying he's a thug and always loses his head. This is the first incident in a long time, yes it's bad but it's been blown way out of proportion, he's got his punishment now, I personally think it's too harsh, half of what he got would have been sufficient and he's appealing like any other player would, and there have been worse tackles that have done more damage and those players have also appealed and got a lesser punishment, why shouldn't Newton do the same?
I think your quite wrong MrsLam and terry doesnt deserve a ban, he deserves a medal :wink:

(please note this is not serious it is just here for MrsLam to argue back to as she wants an argument)
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

mrs_carney posted:
I think your quite wrong MrsLam and terry doesnt deserve a ban, he deserves a medal :wink:

(please note this is not serious it is just here for MrsLam to argue back to as she wants an argument)
Oh, I see your point yes. I was wrong. Sorry.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!