Bateman official statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Bateman official statement

Post by Caboosegg »

still nothing on what the incident was but
£10,000..... i cant even speculate what hes actually done.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I am happy with that!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OJ

Post by OJ »

Sounds like the investigation has been pretty thorough.
Glad he is not moving on although that is what we should do now and forget all the speculation.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

£10K and 8-weeks suspension. I guess it must be pretty close to what a lot of the rumours and speculation was suggesting.

Wonder if this will be the end of it, or if he'll look to move on in the future (as in after the end of the season)?

Looking to find the positives - he hasn't been sold/sacked, and he's going to have a nice rest over the next month or so, so he'll not be picking up any match-day injuries in the meantime.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

£10,000 fine and 8 wks ban but at least he,s staying that will do for me he will serve his punishment . Cant wait to see him back in his wigan shirt and YES i probably will renew my ST ????????Hopefully this will be the end of it
Longstanding

Post by Longstanding »

Wow! What a relief.I didn't see that coming, I thought we had llost him. I hope he keeps out of trouble from now on.
chrissie

Post by chrissie »

Well done to the club. Think they have handled it well. Relieved to hear he has not been sacked.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote:£10,000 fine and 8 wks ban but at least he,s staying that will do for me he will serve his punishment . Cant wait to see him back in his wigan shirt and YES i probably will renew my ST ????????Hopefully this will be the end of it
you were not going to renew your ST if you didnt like the outcome of the Disciplinary? thats a very strange reason.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

I am happy with the outcome. We must trust the Club and I hope JB will learn from this, become a great player he is capable of being and will stay with us for years to become a legend. John, you are capable of being as great a player as Ellery Hanley so please do not waste your talent.Be strong, lad.