Bateman official statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Bateman official statement

Post by Mike »

He's probably just not beign paid for 8 weeks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

1. Really really glad he's staying at Wigan
2. Pity he won't be in with a shout for man of steel anymore(he would have walked it)
3. Surely the 8 week ban should be 6( as he's missed 2 already)
4. Get FPN here now to strengthen our depleted back row
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote:1. Really really glad he's staying at Wigan
2. Pity he won't be in with a shout for man of steel anymore(he would have walked it)

3. Surely the 8 week ban should be 6( as he's missed 2 already)

4. Get FPN here now to strengthen our depleted back row
It is. He is due to return on week beginning Sunday 24 July that's six weeks away at the weekend :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Good news then Josie.i didn't know that as I was in work
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think it might be even better than that, Josie. I am sure I read that he would be available to play that Friday, which just happens to be Saints at home. I am sure he would get a very warm welcome indeed. :)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I have applaud the club for this,yes it was very frustrating with the silence but they made a slow and one would hope full and fair investigation of this sorry incident.

Given the force of it it says to me,as a complete layman in these sort of things (other than being fined 2 weeks wages and suspended for a month myself many moons ago for complete stupidity on my part)tells me as my old boss told one,one more F*** up and you're out lad and be lucky you've still got a job,i'd be amazed if something similar hasnt been made clear to Bateman if im honest.

I would be amazed if he sees out his contract,never thought he'd do the 4 years this i feel will hasten his departure from the club it wouldnt surprise me if he isnt he at the start of next season word come easy in statements and re very easy to break when you think about it.

markill

Post by markill »

They'll want to get him some game time before a potential semi final and the Super 8s.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yeah I think it will be the saints game :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Mike wrote:I hope Bateman and all the other players accept this decision and there is minimal simmering resentment.
That is my concern Mike, will all parties be satisfied with first of all what happened and secondly the outcome of the investigation.I hope so but am not convinced there won,t be repercussions.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:
I would be amazed if he sees out his contract,never thought he'd do the 4 years this i feel will hasten his departure from the club it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't here at the start of next season word come easy in statements and re very easy to break when you think about it.
That's my concern, too. I think the club have handled things fine, but is this just the first step in a long drawn-out departure?