Bateman linked with NRL move

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
yokozuna

Re: Bateman linked with NRL move

Post by yokozuna »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Not trying to be devils advocate, but if two people are involved in a scuffle, scrap, stand off, call it what you like, where I work, both people would be disciplined, irrespective of who started or finished it.
That assumes it was a scrap, and not an unprovoked attack on someone who may, or may not, then defend themselves.

(I don't know any specifics of the Bateman incident, I'm just saying that it doesn't take two to tango)
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
ddtftf wrote:My 4 wishes are

Bateman stays
Burges returns for next year
Tommy comes home
Frank Paul signs for us

mmmmmmmmmmmmm :o
I'll second that and with bells on.
????????????
I like the sound of that too.

I hope you are right DDTFTF! :lol:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
ddtftf wrote:My 4 wishes are

Bateman stays
Burges returns for next year
Tommy comes home
Frank Paul signs for us

mmmmmmmmmmmmm :o
I'll second that and with bells on.
????????????
I like the sound of that too.

I hope you are right DDTFTF! :lol:
From a very good source with Bateman future secured two of the other three will happen!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Bottom 2???
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:Made my day love this guy,next club Captain & here for a long time. He has already turned down a move to the NRL last year. Just 3 more to go and I win a lollypop :slee1:
Hey Kojak you know you have won a lollipop, hope you have been to the bookies mate. Was Sam fishing at your place?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yokozuna wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Not trying to be devils advocate, but if two people are involved in a scuffle, scrap, stand off, call it what you like, where I work, both people would be disciplined, irrespective of who started or finished it.
That assumes it was a scrap, and not an unprovoked attack on someone who may, or may not, then defend themselves.

(I don't know any specifics of the Bateman incident, I'm just saying that it doesn't take two to tango)
I don't know the specifics either yokozuna, however, media including the BBC have clearly said that Bateman was suspended and fined following an alleged fracas with another player.
This suggests a fight, scuffle between two or more players, who surely all would be involved in part of an investigation before any disciplinary was issued.
Are the club only releasing statements on the parts of the incident that they choose to and using favourism to abstain from mentioning other players names who were involved.
I very much doubt that Bateman clobbered someone without there being any retaliation.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

'Favouritism' is a pretty loaded word.

Bottom line, I don't think the Club are obliged to wash all their dirty linen in public by putting everything they have discovered into the public domain. They must do what they feel is in the best interests of the Club.

Which is OK by me.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Are people thinking that Bateman made an attack on a player without there being any provocation or retaliation happening, I just can't see that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Are people thinking that Bateman made an attack on a player without there being any provocation or retaliation happening, I just can't see that.
John is very fiery! Very similar to Mickey Mac as a young lad, never took much to upset him especially if booze had been involved!

I remember Mickey being subbed & in the dug out in an academy game v Leeds. A fight broke out on the pitch & Mickey ran onto the pitch & joined in. About six/seven players were banned, Mickey included. (Think this was the incident that got Sam his chance to play)

Wane was livid & threatened that he wouldn't play for Wigan again.

Mickey apologised & turned his life around with Wane's guidance. I'm sure John will be afforded the same help :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Speaking to Steve Brehney at dinner today and he had heard Mossop may go to Leigh or Leeds. Bloody hell he is a big guy, wouldn't like to upset him. :o